Chapter 48

LISA

Actually, I wasn't really a morning person, but today seemed to be different. I woke up undisturbed and immediately felt rested. The sun had not yet risen but was just lounging around. I looked at my clock on the bedside table. 4:20am. 

Confused, I rubbed my eyes before looking at it again, but time didn't matter. 

I slowly got up from the bed and pulled a blanket over my shoulders because even though we were in Australia, it was still pretty cool in the morning. I let the end of the blanket drag on the floor. I quietly opened the door to my room and went down the stairs. I wouldn't be able to sleep anymore today anyway. I was just too awake for that. 

The house was quiet and something told me that Jennie wasn't in the house. To confirm, I knocked softly on her second floor door but, as expected, there was no response. I opened the door quietly and looked at the empty bed.

There was no sign of Jennie on the ground floor either. 

"It's nice that I find out now too." I mumbled slightly annoyed and sat down in the kitchen.  Where did she go? 

I pondered a little. What was so important that she had to get up before 4:20 a.m.? 

In general, my current relationship with Jennie was bothering me. She kept things from me, important things. 

I actually thought that a relationship was based less on secrets and more on openness. But somehow things didn't seem to work out with Jennie. Maybe I was just the problem. Maybe she just couldn't trust me? Was it really my fault that Jennie kept secrets from me?  

Shaking my head, I looked out the window. There was no point in worrying about it now anyway. It was early in the morning, Jennie wasn't there and I wondered if the lack of trust was my fault. Such a crappy combo! There was another magazine for women on the end of the table.

I didn't know where it came from, it wasn't mine. Maybe Jennie had brought it with her? - What did she want with a women's magazine? 

I slowly reached for the medium-thin paper before opening the first page. 

Is she cheating on me?! 

Wrong topic! I scrolled on and on. I slowly realized that this magazine really wasn't very helpful. Everything that happened in it was about cheating, abuse of trust, violence, etc. 

Important topics, no question, but not exactly good in my brooding phase. Sighing, I hopefully turned another page and I actually found something interesting there! 

"Lisa?" I heard a voice calling through the house. God, what time was it now? 

I looked at the clock and realized it was 6:30. Had I been looking at these articles for so long? 

"Kitchen" I called out quickly before turning back to the article.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asked me confused as she leaned against the door frame. 

"I cheated on you." Jennie looked at me with wide eyes. 

"Excuse me, what?!" She screamed, half unsettled and half incredulous. 

I put my tea down after taking a quick sip. 

"Well, if we were to follow the magazine-" I looked up from the magazine, straight into her eyes. 

"The magazine says I'm not doing well in our relationship" I hesitated briefly. "I mean sexually."

Well the magazine gave me a few questions to answer, the different answers gave me different points and the general answer to the slur was that I would be unhappy in our relationship. Of course not true, but it was quite right about one thing. There wasn't much going on sexually at the moment, which led to the assumption that I would have to cheat on her. Complete nonsense! 

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. About what will happen next for us. I wasn't averse to her, in fact I really wanted her, but the whirlpool thing and the actions that followed were still etched in my mind. Was I even ready to be that intimate again? 

My first time was gone, that was clear. But I was with the person who took it from me and in the end we were both too drunk to think clearly, so it clearly wasn't just Jennie's fault. 

I can now remember some of it. She had been tender to me. She touched me carefully, as if I were fragile. The memories are still pretty hazy, but I know that I enjoyed it.

Back in the present, Jennie looked at me a little overwhelmed. She probably didn't expect that I basically revealed to her that I might want to have sex with her again. Wait, did I even want that? I think my statement can only be a simple explanation as to why the magazine thinks that I would probably cheat on her. - Of course, I won't! 

"Don't look like that." I said slightly embarrassed as I stared at my fingers. When Jennie broke out of her little stupor, she shook her head. 

"Sorry- I... I was just pretty surprised." I looked at her again, confused. 

"Why? Should this continue between us forever?" 

"No. I just didn't think you'd bring it up so early." 

"Too early?" I asked cautiously. 

"No, it was just surprising." Embarrassed, I looked back at my hands. Jennie grinned slightly and tilted her head.

"You're so cute when you're embarrassed." 

"I'm not." I protested, slowly standing up. 

"But-" 

"No" 

"But-" 

"No!" I said forcefully while standing right in front of her. 

"Really?" She asked with a mischievous smile before pulling me even closer to her by my waist.  

"Yes, really." I said forcefully again before wrapping my arms around her neck. 

"Okay, then I admit defeat." She said, quieter and more seductive than before. 

"Beautiful." I said even more quietly as I looked at her shapely lips. 

Before I knew it, hers were on top of mine and a pleasant feeling broke through me. Her lips were so amazing and fit perfect for me. 

We are perfect for each other...