10

K I N S L E Y ' S P O V

I couldn't sleep that night. No matter how hard I had tried, I just kept tossing and turning. Matteo slept soundly on the couch, not being bothered by the world.

I got out of the bed, the clock beside me saying 9:00 now. I checked to make sure Matteo was still actually asleep, which he was. He looked so peaceful when he slept, as if he had absolutely nothing in the world to worry about.

I slowly walked towards the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I walked to the big mirror, looking at myself, how pathetic I look.

   I looked tired, and I was. I was tired of fighting for the life I knew I would never get. Until I got it.

   I took off my shirt, revealing the black, blue, and purple painted across my torso. They amazed me. The injuries, they looked like a painting that I would sometimes trace each bruise.

Someone came into the main bedroom. "Matteo, wake up, is Kinsley in here? She wasn't in my room and thats where she fell asleep last night." Luca said. "She's right the- Oh shit."

"Kinsley, you in there?" Matteo asked, you could hear the worry laced in his voice.

"Uhh." Was all I could get out. I hurriedly put on the shirt and a hoodie I had found in my closet. "Kins? Come out it's only me, Matteo." "And me, Luca." They said.

I slowly opened the door, revealing myself to the two worried boys. "Hey, good morning!" Matteo said, wrapping his arms around me. The thoughts of me accidentally telling him my past were replaying in my head.

Would he tell anybody? Would they kick me out once they knew I was used?

He took out his phone, hearing the beep as he did it. "Ahhh dad needs me in his office. Take her downstairs and get her food, yea?" Luca only nodded, "I'll see you later, ok Kins." Matteo said, patting my head.

"Why did you leave last night?" Luca asked, replacing his once soft tone with an angered one. "I- I couldn't sleep, so I went downstairs and got water then just went to my room." I answered, looking at the ground.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you Kins." He said, crossing his arms in front of him. "I like that hoodie, looks like the one I used to have." He said, a smile sat on his face. "I can take it off, I found it in the closet. I didn't even ask if I could wear it." I went on. Luca shook his head, "I put it in there for a reason. You can keep it."

The room was silent for a few seconds, "Come here." He said, wrapping his arms around me tightly. I put my arms loosely around him, not being used to all this comfort stuff.

"Awwww look at you two." Andrea said from the door. Luca shoved me back quickly. "Ah- Luca don't do that." Andrea said, walking further into the room. "It's ok to hug your sister, Luca."

   Luca only looked at him, "Yea right, I wouldn't hug her. She just needed some help." He said. I looked at the ground, confused about what all that just was. "Right. Anyways, I was told to come get the both of you because breakfast is ready." Andrea said, dragging Luca to the door.

   "I- uhhh- I'll be down in a second. I just have to use the bathroom." I said, moving towards the door. "You were just in there. And take my hoodie off while you're in there." Luca said, leaving the room with an eye roll.