41

R O M A N ' S    P O V

Matteo is starting to piss me the fuck off. Ever since he's heard that Daisy girls side of the story, he won't talk to any of the other people that we have locked up. So I went out of my way, in the middle of the fucking night, to go and question some of them.

   "So tell me-" I kneeled in front of the man, his face barely recognizable. "Please. Please don't hurt me. I have a family, I just turned 17." The man whimpered.

   "Whats your name?" I asked the kid, he took in deep breaths. "M-my names Easton. Before you ask anything else, that Daisy bitch was lying through her teeth to get out of here. God she's just like her father." The boy said through gritted teeth.

   "Tell me, Easton, you from here. Go to school here?" I spotted a chair in the corner and grabbed it. "Y-yea. You're Roman Russo. We go to the same school, I have a couple of classes with you sister, Keegan or something." He closed his eyes, deep in thought.

   "Kinsley. And now that i'm looking at you, I do think i've seen you roam the halls a few times." He shook his head, "Yes, well, Math is a boring class." He whispered.

   "Enough catching up-" I paused, seeing the boy tense up "No, I'm not gonna hurt you, I just need to ask some questions. Cause it seems like my bitch brother can't seem to even do that." Easton stifled a laugh.

   "So who's the leader of your group, whats it called. And what's a kid like you doing in a group like this? What do you know about Daisy?" I asked him. He took in a deep breath again.

   "The guy's name is Brad. I don't know the guy, never seen him, never heard him talk, I couldn't even tell you what he looks like. The groups name is called The Vipers. I was forced to join his group. Brad sold drugs, my parents ran out of money. They traded me like I had meant nothing to them, like my years of work to get them to spend an ounce of their time with me failed. So they left me on Brads doorstep when I was like 14. Daisy is exactly like her father. They are both manipulative and controlling to everyone in the group. What she said yesterday was partly true, except the part where he wasn't like a father to her."

   He paused for a minute, coughed, then took another breath. "From what i've heard, Brad always envied Daisy like she was some trophy or something. I remember hearing about all she would do and how he would react and thought that that's what it took to get your parent's to pay attention to you. She's horrible, Daisy, she doesn't care for anyone but herself. Don't let your brother get close to her cause I promise you, shes using every single on of you." He said, holding his head in his hands.

   "She only stayed behind and 'got caught' because her father told her to learn more about you guys." Easton said, bringing his hands into fists.

   She's the rat. She's the one we've been having problems with recently. My eyes widened, "Easton, I'm gonna trust you, I really am." He nodded, for some reason, I felt like I could truly trust this kid. "Do you have any clue where my sister could possibly be?"

   He shook his head, trying to recall memories. "It's ok if you do-" "No, he said if they were to get her, he wanted her at a warehouse a couple hours away. If you trust me enough, I could bring you there myself." His eyes glistened like he was telling the truth.

   "I appreciate the information, Eaton, I do. I'm gonna go talk it out with my brother's. I'll be back with an answer in a minimum of 2 days." He nodded, "Goodbye Roman."

   I ran up the stairs and barged into Matteo's office. "Matteo listen to me." "Not now Roman i'm in the middle of paperwork." He said, not looking up from the paper.

   "I promise you, you're gonna want to fucking know this." I said, sitting in the chair opposite him. "Im fucking bu-" "Daisy is the fucking rat we've been looking for. I think I might have someone who knows where Kins is." I cut off his sentence.

   He slowly raised his head from the papers and laud his eyes on mine. "What?" He whispered. "Easton, a boy downstairs, told me that Daisy only told you that shit to get out if the cellar faster. Most of her story was made up. He said he knew where the warehouse was that they might have takes Kinsley to." I shared, Matteo looked pissed.

   "You went downstairs without anyone telling you it was ok?" He asked. "Well someone had to be the bigger person and talk to them! I didn't see you trying to help us at all!" I threw my hands in the air, waving them above my head.

   "Don't fucking say that to me, boy. I will put you down there with them." He said through gritted teeth. I scoffed, the behavior was unusual in Matteo.

   "Ya know, for a person who said he missed his sister, It doesn't seem like it now. It seems to me like your to engrossed in your own world to try and get OUR actual world back. She's the missing fucking puzzle peace and your sitting here doing fucking paperwork for crying out loud!"

   "Don't disobey me like this, Roman! You don't want to see the outcome." He slammed the pen on the desk. I scoffed again, getting up from the chair.

    "You are un-fucking-believable. Get your fucking head out of your ass and HELP US! I just want her back, and safe."

   "I'm fucking trying my hardest, Roman!" Matteo spat, "You don't think I'm doing everything I can to figure everything out? I'm basically running this fucking business alone! Where the fuck is our father, the one who's supposed to keep his daughter safe? HUH? That's not on me." He said, standing from his own chair.

   At this point we were having a full on screaming match. It had never gotten this bad. "I'm just saying you need to figure your shit out real quick or were all going down." I pushed the chair back into where it sat originally.

   "Do not just walk away from this conversation like this." He said.

To fucking late dear brother.

To fucking late.

________________________________

How are you doing today?

Have you had anything to drink, anything to eat?

If you haven't been told recently, I'm extremely proud of you. I love you <33

<3 K.