28.

T H I R D   P E R S O N   P O V

It's been a week. A week since some of the Russo family has been stuck in their death bed. A week that they've been waiting for each and everyone of them to wake up. A week that has been restless for those conscious.

   It's been a week since Luca has left his little sister's bed side, feeling the most drained from this whole adventure. He was constantly thinking that he was to lose his sister again, but this time for good. Permanently.

   The boy stood from the bed, walking to the next room over. His oldest brother, the one whom is supposed to be the strongest, the one who held this family together, lay unconscious.

   He placed his hand over his brother's cold one, secretly praying, begging for his brother to wake up. Luca looked at his brother. He looked at the burn marks coating his arms, the multiple scratches visible on every inch of his skin.

   Luca gave his brothers hand a tight squeeze, letting him know it was ok. It would all be okay.

   The boy walked to the next room. There taking up the space on the bed was his second oldest cousin. The one he looked up to, just like every other boy in the house. Andrew lies still, the same burn marks coating his skin, the scratches covering his body as well.

   Luca was silently wishing that he could take the place of his family. Make them all be well to leave him to deal with the pain. In his brain, it wasn't fair. It wasn't fair how they got hurt for trying to save someone they loved. Someone that meant the world to all of them.

   He moved to the next room. Aunt Maria sat looking at her husband, saying soothing things to the man that wasn't able to open his eyes just yet. Luca bypassed his Uncle Aldos room, deciding to give his Aunt time.

   The next room over was his younger brother. He slowly opened the door, not to wake the sleeping boy. Rodrigo was one of the only ones that had actually been awake.

   Luca stared at the boy, looking over his shared wounds. He placed his hand over his brothers, causing the boy to slightly stir in his sleep. He snapped his eyes open, "Hey, it's alright, it's just me." Luca calmed his brother.

   Rodrigo looked around, grabbing the glass of water that sat next to him. "Has anyone else woken up yet?" His voice sounded scratchy. I shook my head. "Not that I know of." He nodded, placing the glass back into it's spot. "How's Kins? Matteo?" He asked, focusing his attention out the window.

   Luca sighed. "Still haven't woken up. Doctors said they weren't sure when Kins would wake up, but Matteo should be up anytime between today and tomorrow." Rodrigo nodded, still looking out the window. "I'm gonna go check on the others, i'll be back." He backed away from the boy.

   "Do one thing for me before you come back in this room." Rodrigo said, causing his brother to turn to him. Luca nodded, telling his brother to continue. "Go get a shower, some fresh clothes. Eat something other than the shitty cafeteria food." He chuckled a minute before nodding, agreeing to do what the boy had asked.

   Luca was to busy making sure that his loved ones were ok to actually focus on himself and his health. He was slowly drowning in his own sorrow but was well at covering it up. He's been the best at covering everything up for a while now.