23.

K I N S L E Y ' S    P O V

   After dinner, I excused myself to go to my room. I was feeling extremely overwhelmed with meeting my family. Don't get me wrong, their all great, it's just a lot meeting that big of a group in one day.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, there was a light knock on the door which was quickly followed by several loud bangs. "FBI OPEN THE D- oh, hello Kinsley!" Kenji said, putting his arm to his side.

"Hey Ke-" I was shushed by more than just Kenji welcoming themselves into my room, onto my bed. "Wow this is like a cloud." Carlo said, kicking Aiden in the stomach. "Did I tell any of you you could just prance in?" I said, an amused smile on my face.

"Well no, but you did open the door so.." Caiden said. "Plus, you just know you want to see your new favorite brothers right now." Leo added. "I don't know, Andrea is a pretty good broth-" The five bursted into laughter, which ended with them rolling around on the ground.

"What's so funny." I said, placing my hands on my hips. "I'm sorry. I thought I heard you say Andrea was your favorite brother." Carlo said, getting back on the bed. "Uhhh- because I did." I said, jumping on the group.

"I'm definitely telling Matteo." Leo said, getting up from the bed. "Noooo you won't." I said, pulling on his arm. "You can come with me." He said, picking me up and literally throwing me over his shoulder.

"N- LEO PUT ME DOWN." I yelled, pounding my hands on his back. He told the boy's to follow him as we made our way down the stairs. He put me down on the second to last step but didn't let go of my wrist.

He stopped moving, halting the rest of us. "I just don't understand your big issue with her." Matteo said from somewhere in the room. "I just think it's funny how you just call all of us when you find her. Where's was the calls, the texts, hell even the emails wondering how we were holding up." Someone else said.

"My dad called, texted, emailed each and every single on of you each and every day for a whole year. You left him raising 6 little hellions, by himself. And I didn't call any of you to meet here by the way, my father did that too. And you only showed up knowing she was here." Matteo shot back.

"Now let's calm do-" "This isn't between you, Enzo. Keep your mouth shut." Another said. "You weren't the only one who lost someone you loved, Teo! You're acting selfish." The same voice said. "So then tell me. What exactly are you doing here, in my home, that i've so willing let you into." Matteo said rather calmly, though I understood almost immediately that it wasn't the case at all.

   "We, as in my whole family, want's to take her back home with us." That made me jump back in surprise. "It's obviously so much safer there for her rather than this place." He said, spitting the words out of his mouth as if it were venom.

   Matteo slammed his fists on the table. "You are not welcome to prance into MY house and disrespect MY family like this. You and your ungrateful kids can fucking leave." Matteo said, pushing who I noticed was Uncle Mario and his family out the doors.

   A sob escaped me as a hand covered my mouth. I looked back to see Carlo, Aiden, Caiden, Leo, and Kenji with stone cold faces. I looked up to see Uncle Mario whispering something to Leon. He only nodded and looked around.

   All the sudden, he broke out into a sprint towards the 6 of us. The boys protectively made a very tight circle around me. "Move out of the fucking way." He said, pushing past Kenji. He grabbed a hold of my wrist, dragging me along with him.

   "No. Noo, MATTEO." I yelled, grabbing onto Carlos arm. "Come on boy." Uncle Mario growled. Suddenly, I was ripped out of Leons grip. I looked up to see Luca, Roman, and Leo running after Uncle Mario and his family.

   "Kinsley, listen to me it's ok." Someone whispered softly. I couldn't exactly make out who it was because my brain has literally shut off. All I could tell was that I crying, shaking very uncontrollably, and I was having a hard time breathing.

   "Listen to my heartbeat, yea." Another voice said. "Name 3 things you see." The same voice from before said. I looked around frantically. "I- Yo-" "It's ok, take a deep breath. Ready, in." He said, instructing me on what to do.

   It helped slightly. "Ok, what's three thing's you can hear?" He said. "Yelling, lot's of it. Your heartbeat." I was quiet for a second, "Footsteps." I said. "Good, really good." They said softly.

   A few minutes later, I was back to my normal self. At that time, everyone began piling back into the house. I looked at the two who were helping me, which just so happened to be Caiden and Daniel.

   "Thank you, both." I whispered, afraid my voice would break if I spoke to loudly. I walked over to Matteo, wrapping my arms around him. "Look at me, Kins." He said, wrapping his own arms around me. "They" he paused, looking back towards the door, "Will do nothing to hurt you. They won't even be around here anymore. I can promise you they wont do anything to you. Not under my watch, and certainly not any of their watch." He said, turning me around so I could see the guys in the family circled up.

   I smiled at all of them, feeling strangely protected.

Maybe having all these guys around wont be that big of an issue.

________________________________

Plot twist asf.

Short one because I'm tired asf 🫶

anyways,

<3- K