58.

M A T T E O ' S    P O V

   "The stocks are down, Matteo. Everything was fine when I last checked it the night before the ball, but all the sudden everything is crashing. What's going on?" Harden asked, closing the book that sat on his lap.

   I sat the glass in its original spot on the desk. "I really have no clue what has happened, Harden. Unless my men did something that i'm unaware of."

   "How are you not aware of something like this?" Harden asked, a very confused look casted over his face. "You are to be with them every. single. day. We went over this, Matteo! Especially the new kids you hired on without telling anyone."

   "They were at risk teenagers. They came to me, practically kissing the ground that I walk on for the job. I couldn't say no." I told him. "And they took your things?" He asked, opening the book again. "500,000 Dollars worth of supplies that were to be shipped. TODAY. Today Matteo. Get thi-" He was interrupted by a knock at the door.

   "Come in." I said, wondering who would intervene with MY meeting. In came said new teenagers, all 3 of them. "Perfect timing boys! We've got a couple of things to discuss."

   Hayden, Blakely, and Karson all came in, sitting on one of the many couches in the corner, not far from where we sat. "This is a simple yes or no question. Got it. I don't want any bullshit answers. I want the simple, straight to the point yes or no."

   The boys nodded in agreement and sat silently. "I think I should ask the questions." Harden said, turning to face the boys. They all sat up straighter, focusing their full attention on the strange man that sat in front of them.

   "Now I hear that you're all new to the-" He pauses, looking at the three, "Warehouse. We just had about 500,000 dollars worth of equipment stolen from us in the past week or so." Karson sits up even taller than the other two, catching Hardens eye.

   I took the glass off the desk, downing the rest of the burning liquid. "Did you," He points to Hayden, "Happen to steal any of the items?" He asked.

   Haydens face turned pale, "N-No sir. I haven't even been in the warehouse. I was assigned the outside job, nobody goes in, nobody goes out." Jacob must have given him that job. Boy have I got some serious punishment coming.

   Harden simply nods and points his finger at Blakely. "Did you happen to steal any of the items?" His face remained the same throughout the entire lecture, "I didn't take shit." He said, balling up his fists.

   Harden nods again, pointing his finger to Karson. "It was me. I to-" The poor kid didn't even get to finish his sentence. Harden pulled out his gun and shot him in the head, not once but twice.

   My eyes widened. "What the hell is wrong with you! He's just a kid!" I yelled at him, taking the gun out of his hold.

   The two boys look at their friend, who now lays lifeless on the ground. "Let this be a life lesson. Don't take things that aren't yours. Don't take things period. Don't even own up to your mistakes!"

   Harden gathers his belongings, "I guess were done here. I'll see you next week, Matteo." He said, walking towards the door. He lets in a couple of men in all black suits. The carry the kid from the office room and take him somewhere.

"You're dismissed."

K E A T O N ' S   P O V

   Its been about a week since the ball and Kinsley hasn't spoken to me once. She hasn't even looked at me since we left the gala.

   I'm doing my daily walk around to her room. A week of me, doing everything in my power to get her to just take one glance at me.

   I knock on the door to make sure she's decent. A soft 'come in' is heard from the other side which is literally the only sort of talking I get from her.

   I opened the door and closed it behind me. As soon as I turned around I was face to face with the most beautiful amazing women I have ever seen in my entire life.

   "I'm sorry I've been ignoring you." Is the first thing she says. "This is going to sound horrible but i've been trying to pick between you and Greyson." I think I just felt my heart break into a trillion pieces.

   It was already broken before but that sentence absolutely killed me for some reason. "You shouldn't have to pick one. It should come naturally." I told her, backing away a little.

   "But I picked one! And I think it was the best decision i've ever made." she said, a smile took over her worried one.

   She turned around and walked across the room. I couldn't help but take in her full appearance. She was wearing black loose fitted jeans with a tight fitted black shirt, a blue jacket hung around her shoulders.

   "I didn't really have to do any thinking on which boy I wanted, Keaton. It came naturally which one I wanted. All of the reasons sat right in front of my face." She said, looking everywhere but me.

   I slowly walked over to her. Once I got close to her, I pulled her chin up to look at me. She had a light red tint stuck to her cheeks.

Im falling in love with a girl that I don't deserve.

   "Who did you pick?" I whispered, our faces being only inches apart. She tried to look away but I held her face with my hand, forcing her to look at me.

   "I pick you, Keaton. It will always be you. Forever." She whispered, bringing her face closer. "Good Girl." I whispered before I leaned in, giving her a long, meaningful kiss.

   Once we pulled away, due to the lack of oxygen, she gave me the biggest smile, throwing her arms around me and wrapping her legs around my torso. I effortlessly caught her and placed my hands on the back of her thighs, holding her up.

   "Kins?" I asked, almost as if she would slip away at any given second. She hummed in response.

"Will you go on a date with me."

________________________________

K real question.

Keaton or Greyson?

I actually am really happy with this part-

<3 K