51.

M A T T E O ' S P O V
three days later...

20 men crammed into one small conference room is not an ideal thing for a guy who likes his space. I was to close to everyone else and their papers overlapped mine while they sat on the table.

Vincent was done presenting his ideas, we all discussed what we thought was best and he came to sit back down. The last person to give out ideas was me. I really couldn't give a shit less what kind of shit we have transported to where but I have to be here cause my father won't be.

I stood from my chair, walking to the front of the conference room. I placed a few papers in front of me and began talking.

"So our tech gu-" "Mr. Russo." Mary, one of my maids, burst through the door without knocking. I glared at her as she approached me with a small rectangular paper in her hand. "Mary can't you see i'm in the middle of something?" I scolded the women.

"Well, yes sir and it was on the schedule bu-" "So why are you interrupting me now?" I cut her off. Her faced turn bright red. "Well, you've received what seems like a letter. It was sent through priority mail and when Roman collected it, he told me that if I didn't bring it to you now, he would kill me. And sir I don't really have a death wish, well not today at least, bu-" "Ok Mary. Very well, you're dismissed."

It was silent for a minute as I placed the envelope on the table. "Why are you still here." Mary took a deep breath. "Roman also told me that I had to watch you open it so that he knew you actually opened it." She explained, using her hands as emphasis.

I sighed loudly and looked up at the men who looked at me with an angered look. "I do apologize, gentlemen, it seems that my dear brother cannot fucking understand how businesses works." I told them as a few of them chuckled.

I took the envelope off the table and opened it up. A piece of notebook paper was folded into three parts. I opened it up and skimmed through it and as I reached the end, I saw Kinsley's name.
I looked up at the men, then to Mary.

I moved back to the top of the letter, deciding that I would read it more thoroughly. It read,

Matteo,

You are probably going batshit crazy looking for me right now. I wanted to apologize, not only for my behavior but for causing pain and for causing you and the rest of the family such a hard time.

I wanted to let you know that I am safe and have a good place to stay until I figure things out. I don't wish to tell you where i'm staying, just note that I am ok and I will be hopefully returning home soon.

I had to get away. I couldn't stay there for another second. I feel terrible for just fleeing without giving you any sort of information. But I could not just wait to see what was going to happen.

Tell Keaton that I love him and that I wish him a fast and pain free recovery.

I love you all with my whole heart,

Kins. <3

   "You are all dismissed, we will carry on with this another day." I said, moving Mary out of my way and out of the conference.

   I called Jhett's number, he picked up within the first two rings. "Matteo." Jhett said in an angered tone. "Bring you, your friends, and your tech shit and get to my house in 20." I told him and hung up before he got the chance to say anything else.

   They all arrived within 15 minutes and we sat at the dining room table. "So what the fuck is going on." Jhett asked in a very confused tone. "And where has Kins gone?" Keaton asked.

   I laid the letter in front of the boys as they all took turns reading it. "Are you fucking kidding." Keaton yelled. "She just disappeared and sent a letter acting like her behavior was ok." He said.

   "Listen, I get you're pissed off but there is no fucking reason to yell." I told him, he instantly got quite and leaned back in the chair. "How could she just disappear again and feel fine about it? And I thought we were doing good." Keaton said after a couple of minutes.

   "I mean I understand where shes coming from. She got kidnapped for fucks sake, you both did. You came back acting like it was all butterflies and fucking rainbows and you get pissed at her for needing a break? Grow up and get your head out of your ass, Keaton. Shes fucking said she loved you." Tate told Keaton.

   "I know your not talking to me like that mother fucker." Keaton turned to look at Tate. "We promised each other we would work our way through this mess together. And she disappears. I'm acting like everything is butterflies and fucking rainbows so you guys don't fucking worry!" Keaton yelled.

   "Ok. Both of you shut the fuck up." Jhett said, rubbing his temples. "What do you want me to do with this note?" Jhett asked me. "That's the thing. Are you able to track where it came from?" I asked him. "I've only done tracking like this once and it didn't work. But uhh, do you have the original envelope it came in?" Jhett asked.

   I pulled the folded up paper out of my pocket and tossed it his way. He unfolded the paper and studied the material before typing at his computer. "This material definitely isn't from America and she's way smarter than to go to Italy." He said, putting the paper aside.

   He kept typing at the computer as I watched the death stare going on between Tate and Keaton. Ty and Owen looked at them like they were stupid and that they wanted to go home.

   "Theres no tracking label from her." Jhett was talking to himself. He put the paper down again and kept typing. He looked at the computer with a puzzled look. "What?" I asked him.

"Do you know anyone from Indonesia?"

_______________________________

I 🫶 Jhett.

Anyways how we doing. What are we thinking? I'm planning on only having a few more chapters-

<3 K