56.

K I N S L E Y ' S P O V

Walking in was a disaster. All eyes were on us as we walked down the carpeted floor leading to the main room. Yea, we didn't even make it to the main room yet. The worst part, my family acted like they have never been out in public before.

   "Ok. We are about to walk in. Are you sure you're ok?" Matteo asked, his hand on the door handle. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. breathe in, breathe out. "Yep! Lets go before these hooligans tear up the place." I said, looking at my family.

    Keaton stifled a laugh beside me. Matteo let out a whistle and everyone went silent. "Everyone better start acting well or so god help me I will drag each and everyone one of you out by your ear. Understand?" 

   Everyone instantly stopped what they were doing and got serious. I took another deep breath as Matteo opened the door. I felt Keatons hand slide up and down my back as he guided me into the room.

   Silence is not even a word to describe how deathly quiet it is in this room. Whispers flew through the room as soon as we all stepped in. "The party has arrived!" My father said, holding up his half emptied glass.

   I looked around the room, hoping to see a couple familiar faces. But to my disappointed, I only saw Grayson and his family. They smiled and did a small wave but I quickly broke eye contact and looked at Keaton.

   "Lets find ourselves a table shall we?" Keaton said, dragging me along with Tate, Owen, Luke, Ty and Jhett.

G R A Y S O N ' S P O V

The dress was revealing. Way to revealing. I didnt like it one bit, the young boys in this room drooled over her as soon as she stepped in. If I only I had my gun.

Take your eyes off whats mine.

She looked around the room, hopefully for me. Hopefully she read the messages I had sent, telling her to meet up with me. I need to apologize and I need to do it immediately.

She looked away as soon as she saw me. My parents both turned, giving me a death stare. I turned my attention back to her. The mafia princess.

The way her little boy toy guided her around like a dog made me want to chop off his hand and send it to him in a little gift box. Happy fucking Birthday.

Don't touch whats mine.

"I swear the god Gra-" "Excuse me." I said, scooting my chair across the floor. I got up from the chair and started walking over to the table of 7, soon to be 8. Theres always room for one more!

Kinsley saw me coming and gave me a knowing look. As I approached the table, they all turned to look at me. I cleared my throat, fixing the suit jacket. "Hey guys. Mind if I sit?"

The gave me a blank stare. Every one of them. "Actually, we do mind pretty boy. Go find someone else to bother." One of them said. I smiled and pulled out the chair that sat unoccupied.

"Hello, everyone and Welcome to the 36th annual Mafia ball!" Mr. Luther, one we all know and love announced. "It is a pleasure to see every one of you on this fine fine day. I hope you are all enjoying yourselves as best as you can! We have food and drinks, along with a bar in the back of the room. Feel free to help yourselves to all of it, as it is all free! Thank you!"

The room grew louder as Mr. Luther walked off the stage to accompany his guest. I looked from him to the table. Why was everyone still staring at me.

"So. How are we doing?" I asked them, trying to ease some of the awkward tension circulating the air. "Get the hell out Grayson. We don't want you here." Keaton said. I scoffed, "Could say the same about you!"

"Look I just want to talk to Kinsley." I said after a few minutes of silence. "No can do." One of the other boys said. "In fact, you need to g-" "Its ok guys. Just give us five minutes." Kinsley told the boys. They got up and it was finally only her and I.

"Hey." "No small talk Grayson. What do you want." She said, getting straight to the point. I sighed. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner." I told her, resting my arms on the table. She looked everywhere but me.

"Say something!" I said, tired of hearing silence. She finally looked at me. "There isn't much to say. I asked you multiple times if you were into any of the mafia stuff and you said no. I was trying to get away from it. Not get myself closer to it. Nothing against you or your family, Grayson, but after I found that out, It made me scared, honestly." She said, scooting her chair a little closer to mine.

"And I apologize for not telling you. I felt like shit seeing you after you found out. I wanted the best for you. Especially after you told us what you had gone through."

"Well, Grayson. Its a little late for an apology now, don't you think." She asked. "And just when I thought we could have been good friends. Just when I thought I was gonna be able to stay with you and make life great again. Sounds dramatic, but I wanted a normal life. And I thought I could have that with you." She smiled, though you could see right through her smile.

She truly was hurt by what I had done and I couldn't have felt more like an asshole. "What can I do to make it better, Kinsley. Im willing to do anything."

"Anything."

_______________________________

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

yea im 8 days late but its fineeeeee!

Thank you for reading!

<3 K