48.

J H E T T ' S    P O V

"Listen its best if we transfer her to a different hospital facility away from everyone." The nurse said for the 100th time. I rolled my eyes and leaned my head against the wall. "And i'm telling you, We. Don't. Need. To. Be. Moved." Matteo said.

"Look, shes still unconscious, we don't know w-" "Probably from the trauma she's received the past couple of months. Look if you guys cant do your fucking job just say that. I want her moved to the best hospital because clearly you guys don't know what your doing." Matteo basically yelled.

"Sir that's what we were going to do. And we can do our job, we just don't have room for her, we are a small hospital." She said, beginning to grow a little frustrated. "What's your name? And your bosses name?" Matteo asked the girl.

"Matteo sit down this isn't her fault." I grabbed his arm. "Except it is. The rooms around Kins are empty. The rooms around Keaton and empty. It's not they don't have the room." He yelled. "My names Kaitlyn. My bosses names is Brittney."

It was silent for a minute as I walked back to my seat. "We want her moved because your Matteo Russo. We don't want anything happening. You know cause you're in the Mafia." Kaitlyn whispered.

"Send me to a different hospital." Kaitlyn nodded and sat back down at the computer. Matteo made his way to sit by me. "Wanna go talk to Keaton?"

________

   K I N S L E Y ' S    P O V

"They told me that they wanted to move you to a different facility." Kaitlyn said, bursting into my room. We made a very realistic show yesterday after I passed out. "I just need a break. If I go back they'll make me talk and I don't want to talk. I want to be by myself. I want to be able to make my own decisions for once!" I told her.

She nodded and checked some things on the monitor. "You look good. You could be discharged today if you wanted to leave. I know a place you could go. It's a long shot, but if you wanted to get away, I don't think they would find you." She sat in the guest chair.

I nodded, basically telling her to go on. "Indonesia. I have some family there. I could find you a plane ticket, earliest one probably leaves today around 8." I sat up in the bed. "I can call my family. They would look after you, give you a place to stay until you're ready to come back. They would help you with some money, you could get clothes and stuff."

"You don't think they would mind?" I asked her, she laughed for a minute. "God no. You know how many refugees we took in while I was there. Way to many to count. Plus they are the richest there. They have a huge mansion, hard to miss it. I promise you, they would think of you as their own daughter." Kaitlyn said.

It was silent for a minute as we laughed. "Ugh. I just." I looked around the room. "What will they think? They got news that they finally had me back. I get kidnapped twice and then i'm finally seen again and i'm gonna disappear, again?"

"Sweetie. Don't worry about what they think. If they really loved you, they would completely understand." She said, crossing her legs. "Besides, don't they have like 400 people in that family? I bet they wouldn't even know you were gone." she laughed.

"I told Keaton I'd go to that stupid ball with him." I started to freak out. "I can't just ditch him! We we're finally figuring stuff out together." I told Kaitlyn. "You could go with my brother, he's a dork." She explained.

"Why would your brother go?" I asked her. "Oh, my family sells goods and weapons. They're also drug distributors." She said yawning. I looked at her like she was fucking psycho. "I'm kidding." She laughed. "Oh my god that look on your face!" She laughed harder. "Oh, but no. They affiliate themselves with some of the Mafias. Thats why I left. I couldn't handle the pressure." She informed.

"Listen. I know you might not know what you want to do yet, and you are probably thinking of the pros and cons, the consequences, all of that. But I need you to know that wh-" "No I need to get away from here. I need to leave as soon as possible. I need to have a break." I told her, tears took over my vision.

"I just need them to understand that I'm not leaving because of them, i'm leaving for me. I need them to realize that." Kaitlyn nodded and came to help me up. "I already knew your answer so I already bough the ticket. I set up the helicopter, it will take you straight to the plane you need to board. I'll call my family, tell them they will be expecting a visitor for a little while."

Kaitlyn pulled the drawer out from the bedside table. "Here." She said, handing me a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. "Put these on, i'll escort you out to the roof."

She pulled the curtain around the bed while she helped me up. I pulled off the gauze from around my leg and slipped on the sweatpants. I was very thankful to be able to take my own shower after I got here. Kaitlyn left the room so I was able to take off this gross ass hospital gown and I slipped on the hoodie.

I placed the gown on the bed and limped over to the door, knocking on it to let Kaitlyn know I was ready to go. She opened the door and pulled a wheelchair out of nowhere. "Thanks." "No time to thank me, I saw your brother pacing the waiting room." She said, sitting me in the chair as she took off down the hallway.

When we got to the roof, she told the man what the plan was. "Alright Kins. My boy toy here should be able to get you to where you need to go. I wish you the best of luck and call me whenever you get to my parents house, don't be a stranger." She said as she kissed the boy.

"Now I have to go make up a lie to tell your brother."
___________

M A T T E O ' S P O V

   "Fucking finally! It's been two hours." I said when I saw the nurse coming through the doors. "Oh, I apologize, someone said they came in and told you she got transferred to a better hospital." Kaitlyn said. "Nobody told us. What fucking hospital is she at?" I stood from the chair. "Northeastern Hospital." she said.

   "Jhett are you going with me?" I asked the boy who was trying to sleep. "Probably not. I'll probably stay here with Keaton. Just keep my updated." He said, leaning his head against the wall again. "Thank you, Kaitlyn." I told her. She held a smile as I walked out the door.

_________

Welp.