Chapter 3: Interviews

Tommy's POV

I feel a little dizzy after Ranboo teleported me. But a Big Man like me can take it. I was a block or two away from the Hero's Tower, so nobody got suspicious when a random 15-year-old came out of an alleyway. So here I am walking into a place any other vigilante wouldn't dare go near. I look up at the white pristine tower before me and take a deep breathe. I go through the automatic glass doors and HOLY SHIT there is at least 20 people in the queue. I look down and fiddle with my thumbs. Fuck was this really a good idea? I mean-

"Next!" I hear a nice girl with rose vines handling paperwork and various other tasks. Oh it's my turn already!

"H-hi um I am here for the assistant interview today." Fuck I stutter in front of a hero.

She giggled, "Aren't you a nervous! Well I am Rose! You might have heard of me from stopping disasters relating to the environment. What is your name?"

"O-oh Thomas Simons."

"Oh the one who applied this morning. Let me pull up your files." She used her vines to type my name into the computer as she was looking through the name tags. "Ah! Here! Thomas Simons, 19 years old, no powers." She looks at me surprised. "You look fairly young for your age... Anyways! Here is your id! Have a good day Thomas! I am rooting to see you tomorrow!"

"S-same." 

I start walking to the waiting room and looking at my id. #100...Sweet! But why did she say tomorrow... maybe the job starts tomorrow. I ignore the thoughts that start to spiral around my head and just sit down and look at the other numbers on the id cards around me. Then I started looking at the people. Most of these people look like posh fuckers ranging from district 1-4. Fuck. I don't belong here. They are all wearing fancy suits and most of them are fucking jacked. Then there is scrawny me in casual clothes since I can't afford fancy clothes like them. I continue observing the numbers and the highest number I see compared to me is #99. Am I the last one? Just my fucking luck. Might as well go on my phone since I don't want to talk to these posh fuckers. I scroll through Twitter and look at the BigInnit news seeing nothing about my encounter with Siren last night. Honestly that makes me a little happy.

"Number 100!" I hear one of the interns yell. I walk up to the intern and they say something that fucking shook me up, "You're in room 1 with Siren!"

"Okay thank you." I say to the intern. FUCK of course it has to be the guy that fucking hates BigInnit's guts. Not to mention that he most likely knows that BigInnit has powers now. I would at least get some mercy with The Blade. I walk into the room and see that posh bitch smiling at me. I bet he wouldn't be smiling if he knew I was-

"Thomas Simons nice to meet you! I was looking at your file. And it seems you turned it in 5 minutes before the due date." 

He holds out his hand so I can shake it. Of course I won't shake that ass's hand. He looks upset that I didn't shake his hand, but I don't give a fuck.

"So tell me a bit about yourself?" He says clearly off guard since I didn't shake his hand.

"Well you can call me Tommy, I am 19 and I live in District 9-" He quickly cuts me off.

"You live in District 9! So you see BigInnit a lot!" Rude. Of course he wants to know about him when he is interviewing another person. Well in this case he is interviewing the same person, but- You know what doesn't matter.

"Ya I see him on the rooftops often."

"Ok so as you know there is 2-3 days of the interview to where half get picked to do day 2 which is us ranking your fighting skills. We test your powers on day 3 if you have any. But it says here that you have no powers so you will not have to worry about that day." Tubbo said nothing about more days to this. Good thing he put me down that I have no powers. "Now why did you want this job."

"W-well I appreciate you heroes and if I can make a difference by aiding you guys it would be my dream." I sighed. "I also need the money." Siren chuckled.

"Well it is always nice to have honesty. I like you Tommy. I will make sure to put in a good word with the heroes." 

Then we started talking like we were childhood friends. At one point we talked about eating sand and mud. I didn't even notice two hours have passed until I heard...

"Siren mate are you done with the interviews? Oh- hello!" Holy Fuck. "I am The CrowFather however you probably knew that. Nice to meet you!" He held out his hand and unlike Siren I shook it. You can never deny a handshake from the one and only CrowFather. "W-Siren you have been interviewing Thomas for over 2 hours."

"He prefers Tommy." Siren stated bluntly.

Wow I think I might actually be finding good qualities in this asshole.

"O-oh anyway thank you for coming Tommy mate. Sorry for Siren being a blabber mouth. I hope to see you at Day 2 tomorrow."

"Oh Siren was fine. Thank you for allowing me this job opportunity." I say to The CrowFather. I walk out the interview room and walk to the reception desk. Hannah gave me a sweet goodbye as I gave my id back. I walk out of the building feeling good about my odds.

Wait until I tell Tubbo and Ranboo about this.

Siren's POV

I walk back with Phil to the conference room to discuss who is progressing to Day 2.  I sit down and honestly start falling asleep after they start discussing #5. I am enjoying my slumber until my fucking boar of brother pushes me off my chair. I am grumbling profanities to Techno while I am half asleep as Phil is laughing his ass off. 

"What I just wanted you to be awake for the last 5 people. May I remind you the only 5 people you did because you slept in today." Techno stated.

"Whatever. I had a rough night last night with BigInnit. Just list the people." I groaned.

"Ok Wil. #79?" Dad asked.

"No. Stuck up and smelt like alcohol."

"#83?"

"Nope. She was a slut."

"#90"

"Nope."

"#96?"

"Fuck no."

"Well what about #100. Thom-"

"Tommy"

"Sorry Tommy, you guys talked for over 2 hours."

"Oooooooo Wilbur has a favorite." boar bitch teases.

"Fuck off Techno. But, yes Dad I do like him he was from District 9 and pointed out issues from there. He also was fun to talk to." I said the 'fun to talk to' part  quieter, but I think both of them heard.

Dad chuckled. "So it's a yes?"

I nod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Another chapter finished! I hope you liked it! I did a little Wilbur POV so you get some SBI dynamic. Have a good day! 

Word Count: 1192