Chapter 24: Confrontation

Wilbur's POV

After breakfast a quickly get home to talk to mom. Maybe she has information about Tommy. Maybe he is Toms. I miss Toms so much and Tommy I would not mind being my secret brother all along. I need to confirm a few things maybe even confront Tommy tomorrow. I then see mom on the roof. I phase through the roof to get up to her.

She looks a little spooked, but her expression quickly softens, "Oh hey dear-"

"Mom. I know who Toms is." Her eyes widened, but she then went into a warm smile. 

"Let me guess you want to make sure?" I nod. She then indicates that she wants me to sit next to her. I take a deep breath.

"Is it Tommy do you think?" she nods. "Mom I think he has voices." Her eyes widened again.

"I wasn't sure about that. How do you know?"

"Well we were at dinner a while back and he had a break down and kept repeating 'shut up' as he was crying and holding his head." 

"Hm. That is kind of like you when you first got your voices. Now your voices are worse and more obsessive over the people you love now." I sigh.

"I can't really help that." She laughed.

"I know sweetie."

"Now my question... do you know if he has powers?" She hesitated for a moment before replying.

"Yes." My body froze. My powerless friend actually does have powers.

"What kind?"

"He will most likely tell you when he is ready." 

"Why can't you tell me?" 

"It is not my subject to tell." She politely says. I hug her.

"I hope he is Toms. Our family has been so broken for so long that we need that glue again." She wraps her wings around me and hugs me back. I didn't even notice I was tearing up.

"Me too dear. Me too."

Kristen's POV

I am on the roof taking in nature since I can only see it from the clouds most of the time. I hid my wings since I don't want people to see a god on a roof. I then see Wilbur walk or more phase through the roof. It startled me a bit before I quickly changed into a smile.

"Oh hey dear-"

"Mom. I know who Toms is." I didn't think he would figure this out so quickly. At least he knows though.

"Let me guess you want to make sure?" He nods and I make him take a seat next to me.

"Is it Tommy do you think?" I nod. "Mom I think he has voices." So he is powerful enough to have voices. Now I need to connect one more puzzle piece.

"I wasn't sure about that. How do you know?"

"Well we were at dinner a while back and he had a break down and kept repeating 'shut up' as he was crying and holding his head." Yep that is most likely voices.

"Hm. That is kind of like you when you first got your voices. Now your voices are worse and more obsessive over the people you love now." he sighs and puffs his cheeks out and crosses his arms like a toddler.

"I can't really help that." I laugh. I always loved Wilbur's expressions. They are so extreme and overexaggerated.

"I know sweetie."

"Now my question... do you know if he has powers?" I need to tell him that he does, but I can't reveal that he is a vigilante that my son despises.

"Yes." He freezes up. Then asks:

"What kind?"

"He will most likely tell you when he is ready."

"Why can't you tell me?" Because he is a wanted villain right now.

"It is not my subject to tell." I say politely, he then hugs me.

"I hope he is Toms. Our family has been so broken for so long that we need that glue again." This broke my heart. I wrap my wings around him to comfort him. I could feel his sadness radiating off of him. You could tell even if you weren't a god.

"Me too dear. Me too." We then hug each other in silence for a while.

"So when are we telling the others?" Wilbur asks.

"I feel like they need to find out on their own time. If we were somehow wrong we don't want to crush our whole family's hopes."

"Okay mom. What about confronting Tommy about it." 

"Don't tell Tommy about it. He will show you his powers on his own terms and we don't want to overwhelm him with the fact that his whole childhood could be based on a kidnapping."

"Mom?"

"Yes dear?"

"Can you stay more often?" I smile.

"Sure."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 24. Hope you enjoyed. Thank you for the support. Have a good day!

Word Count: 769