Chapter 38: Trouble

Phil's POV

I am drinking my morning coffee as Wilbur is trying to control his voices. Wil really wants to get back to work. Techno is trying to calm Wil down. Techno did get a serious beating from Wilbur, but he is healed. There was a scar on his back now from Wil though. 

I finally get finished and I set off as CrowFather to work. Something was off though because Sam was waiting for me. 

"Hello Warden-"

"Don't hello me. I need you to come to my workshop now."

"Is something wrong?"

"You will see when we get there." We go in the elevator and go to Sam's Workshop.

"So what is this all about?"

"I saw the footage of you and a certain vigilante last night. You and Nihachu helped him." Warden glares. I am screwed. It is okay Phil you can still come back from this.

"He needed it! He was getting beaten up by Dream!"

"Phil I really want to believe you, but this goes against the council."

"We all know the council is corrupt. And BigInnit is consider a hero in public's eyes. He saved an orphanage for heaven's sake!"

"Phil-"

"Listen Sam. I will not do it again. Just keep this between us." Sam hesitates.

"Fine. If you tell me what his relation is to you and how he got the wings."

"Easy enough. He is a vigilante that I favor, and I don't know."

"You're a bad liar Phil. One more chance."

"Fine. He is like a family member to me, and he got them when he and I had an encounter in District 9 a night." Sam sighs.

"Leave before I decide keeping this between us is a bad idea." I smile.

"Thank you Sam." I then leave and let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

That was close.

Warden's POV

I drink my morning coffee as I check my tech. I see an alert on the security cameras that something was there at the middle of the night. I turn on the footage and I spit out my drink because of what I saw. CrowFather and Nihachu are healing the vigilante, BigInnit. The council thinks he is a villain! Why the hell would Phil bring them here! I need to talk to him when he gets here.

I am waiting in the lobby for Phil when he finally comes to work.

"Hello Warden-"

"Don't hello me. I need you to come to my workshop now."

"Is something wrong?"

"You will see when we get there." We then go to the elevator and go to my workshop.

"So what is this all about?"

"I saw the footage of you and a certain vigilante last night. You and Nihachu helped him." I explain as I glare at him.

"He needed it! He was getting beaten up by Dream!" Why the hell would the vigilante be on Dream's hitlist?

"Phil I really want to believe you, but this goes against the council."

"We all know the council is corrupt. And BigInnit is consider a hero in public's eyes. He saved an orphanage for heaven's sake!" This was true. BigInnit or WingedInnit was one of the most popular heroes. The interesting part is that he wasn't even a hero. 

"Phil-"

"Listen Sam. I will not do it again. Just keep this between us." Should I? Maybe if I do, I can get closer with this vigilante.

"Fine. If you tell me what his relation is to you and how he got the wings."

"Easy enough. He is a vigilante that I favor, and I don't know." Phil says. He has lies written all over him though.

"You're a bad liar Phil. One more chance."

"Fine. He is like a family member to me, and he got them when he and I had an encounter in District 9 a night." I sigh.

"Leave before I decide keeping this between us is a bad idea." Phil smiles.

"Thank you Sam." Then he leaves. 

There is still something I can't get across. If he got the wings from Phil he has to have powers that gave him Phil's wings. So BigInnit has a good power if he can literally become CrowFather from one encounter with him. Wouldn't he have voices like the rest of the powerful heroes then? And if Phil trusts the kid...

  Why is he considered a villain?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of the Chapter hope you enjoyed! Have a great day and :).

Word Count: 712