Chapter 32: Smiles and Contracts

Tommy's POV

"You quit!" Tubbo yells. "The heroes paid a fortune for just an assistant and you quit! Where are you even going to find another job."

"I already have it planned. I actually got a meeting with him today."  I say as I put on the nice outfit Quackity gave me.

"Who is this guy?"

"Quackity." Tubbo's eyes widened. 

"Nice joke." he laughs.

"It's not a joke. He has offered the job to me before."

"You can't be serious! This job is even more dangerous than the hero's job I got for you!"

"Oh and you call me running through a burning and about to collapse building safe?"

"Tommy I didn't mean it like that. I guess if you trust this job... you can go.  It is not like I can really stop you. Just be careful."

"I will Tubbo." 

"Good. Not I have to go patrol. Good luck." Tubbo sighs as he puts on his gas mask and goes to patrol. 

I leave and start walking to Las Nevadas. I can't help to feel like something is watching me. I then see a green flash in the corner of my eye.

Fuck! Okay Tommy stay calm and pretend that you didn't just see him following you. I just walk normally and get to Quackity's. I think he stopped following me. I hope. I am greeted by an ecstatic Slime!

"Hello Tommy from District 9!"

"Hey Slime." I smile.

"I was told you escort you to Quackity Tommy from District 9!"

"Okay then. Lead the way." 

Slime starts walking towards a building where Quackity's office was. We arrive and Quackity's face brightens up when he sees me.

"Tommy! I knew you would take my offer. Come on get in here! We need to discuss details." I walk through the doorway as I closed the door behind me and sat down. Quackity grins as he pours champagne in a glass for himself. He then looks me up and down. "Nice suit Tommy. You have good taste." He laughs.

"Uh thanks..."

"Anyways... How much were you making at the hero's place."

"2k and hour. Why?" Quackity then spit out his drink in shock.

"Holy fucking shit! That old bird is fucking rich! Ahem. Anyway, I do not think I could do 2k for you, but would 500 work?"

"That is still a lot."

"I can lower it more?" He smirked.

"No no no no. 500 is perfect."

"Splendid!" Quackity said as he claps. "Now you just need to sign here on this paper." Quackity says as he gives me a contract. I read the contract it everything seemed to be fine. I signed it. 

"There." I smiled and then gave it to him.

"Thank you Tommy. Can you start-" Just then Quackity's door slammed open revealing a very pissy Dream.

"Quackity we need to talk-" He then looks at me. Well, more just turns his head so his creepy mask is staring at me. "Who is this?"

"My new worker Dream. Now Tommy you can leave. I guess I have some business to take care of."

"No he can stay." He walks over to me. "You're that kid that saved The Blade's ass when that tower exploded. I must say I am impressed. You had no powers, and you saved the #2 hero."