Chapter 22: Questions

Tommy's POV

I wake up and see the sun peak through the curtains. I groan and roll out of bed. Some of my body is sore, but it was expected after what I pulled yesterday. I start walking out into the hallway and then run into Kristen.

"Dear! You need to stay in your room! They don't want you out here." She whispered as she scolded me. I sighed. "I wanted to see if you were awake so they could talk to you about what happened yesterday. Then they want to take you down to Niki's for breakfast." 

She scoots me back to my room and shuts the door. I go to get my phone, but it's not there. Must have lost it during the explosion. I twiddle my fingers as a response. I then hear a knock on my door.

"Hey mate, how are you feeling." The bird hero says as opens the door and walks in after he shuts it. It seems he is holding clothes.

"Good. Just a little sore." I smile. He looks at me and frowns. 

"That fire must have gotten you pretty bad." I haven't even checked my face. I just felt sore, so I don't think it is that bad.

"It is not that bad."

"Have you looked in a mirror."

"No?" He places the clothes on the bed. He then grabs me and holds me in front of the other mirror in the bathroom. Not the one above the sink. The full body mirror. My eyes widened. I barely looked like myself.

I had scratches and burns all over my body. I had holes all over my clothes. My eyes had huge bags under them. Most likely from me using my powers for a very long time. My hair was messy, and some strands had burnt tips. I also had some debris covering my body. 

"I-I this c-can't be m-me!" I say stumbling back a bit.

"It sadly is." CrowFather sighed.

"I look like shit."

"Maybe get a shower and change into these clothes. Then we can talk about what happened yesterday." He warmly smiled. "It will make you feel better. I will also get Nihachu to heal you more." I nod and he hands me the clothes from the bed. He leaves the bathroom and shuts it. I lock it and sigh.

I release my wings from my back and calm down a bit. I take off my clothes. They were terrible and burnt all over. I place the clothes down and try and fit myself in a hot steamy shower with my wings. The burns and scratches stung with water on them. I looked at the water below me and see all the dirt and shit in the water going down the drain. I use the soaps and shampoos that they provided me. The soap makes the scratches worse as I hiss in pain. I finally get out and dry myself off with a towel. I then look at the clothes CrowFather gave me. It is a plain blue hoodie with a white T-shirt under it. There are black jeans and blue sneakers with white socks to go with it. I hide my wings again and put the clothes on. I usually wear red, but the blue looked good on me. All the stuff fit thankfully. I didn't really question it though. I comb my hair and brush my teeth as I observe my face. It still had scratches and a big burn on it, but I looked better without debris and burned clothes on me. I unlock and open the door. I am greeted by CrowFather and Kristen.

"You look great dear!" Kristen says to me.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Okay Tommy. Now for the questions."  CrowFather says to me. Fuck. What if he figures me out like Kristen? Did Kristen tell him? Will I get arrested if he finds out? I then feel a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay Tommy?" Kristen asks me.

"Yea." I mumble.

"First off thank you for saving my son, but how did you not get burnt severely carrying him all the way down the stairs?"

"Luck I guess." 

"Hm. Next question is how did you carry him? You would need a lot of strength to carry The Blade." Fuck I am screwed.

"Must have been an adrenaline rush." I blankly say. CrowFather just looks at me concerned and confused.

"Whatever you say mate." He sighs. "Let's go get that breakfast. Maybe you can call your roommates and they can come too?"

"I would, but my phone got lost in the explosion." CrowFather walks out of the room. He walks back in with the newest phone on the market. The phone was red with a red and black case with golden accents. This thing is over 1,000 dollars! He then hands it to me.

"Here."

"You really don't have to-"

"I insist. It is the least I could do for you saving my son. And it has all your data on there since I asked Warden."

"Oh thank you- wait. How did you know I had no phone ahead of time?"

"Well we really didn't... it was meant to be a birthday gift for you next month." 

They got me a birthday gift? The best things I got for my birthday was Ranboo and Tubbo's entertainment. Not to mention at the foster homes I only got less or more hits that day.

"Oh thank you, but I never really celebrate my birthday." 

"What do you mean you never celebrate your birthday dear?" Kristen asked. I forgot she was still in the room.

"It is just not an important day." I shrug. The two then look at me with sadness.

"It is though. It celebrates your life."

"Well I am not that important to be celebrated I guess." I snap. They look at me even sadder. Kristen hugs me and wraps her wings around me.

"Never say that." I can't really mess with a person who could kill me. And her hugs are so warm and welcoming that I don't want it to end. Which is weird because I think she is the goddess of death.

"I won't."

"Mate you are important and don't let anybody tell you otherwise." The bird hero says and then joins the hug wrapping his wings around us. This is nice. They remind me of a mom and dad that actually care. Ones that watch your first steps. Ones that don't hate you. Sadly, my life was so fucked up that my parents that hated me died in that fire and I got many abusive parents in the foster home.

They finally let go. I take the phone and turn it on. It has multiple texts from Tubbo and a few from Ranboo. I text both of them stating that I am okay and to go to Niki's from breakfast/early brunch since it is '10:31'. They both agree and I tell CrowFather.

"That's good Tommy. Now let's go we don't want to be late. Siren and The Blade already texted that fans are surrounding them." 

I then get blindfolded so we can walk out of the house.

"Have fun you guys!" I hear Kristen call.

"Wait I though she was going with us."

"She can't be seen in public. XD orders!" He says as he shoves me in a vehicle. XD? Who is he?

"Who is XD?" I ask as he buckles my seatbelt like I am a toddler.

"The god that created everything." He responds as he turns the vehicle on and plays some classical music.

"Why have I never heard of him that much?"

"Because he is mostly forgotten by now."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 22. I hope you enjoyed! Have a great day and I love the support you guys have been giving me on this story. Really means a lot to me!

Word Count: 1273