Chapter 10: First Paycheck

Tommy's POV

This week has been interesting to say the least. I have met pretty much every hero in that damn tower. The Blade keeps staring at me. Not to mention also asking me hard questions. And I have been ignoring Wilbur, hoping he will forget about that incident. And the fact that he carried me to bed. Don't get me wrong. Wilbur is almost like a brother. Almost. I am just afraid that people will start to know I have voices. I don't know why I have them. The internet literally has no explanation. But today is Saturday which means I get the day off tomorrow. Which also means I can treat Tubbo and Ranboo to a nice dinner. Probably NOT at Las Nevadas Restaurant. Maybe at Niki's Bakery. It's not much, but it could be a breakfast thing. And then I can pay our rent off for 3 months.

"Tommy?" The bird hero asks. "Did you hear what I was saying?"

"N-no." I say embarrassed.

He sighed. "It's fine-just congrats on being here for a week. Here is your paycheck. Should be 60,000." My eyes widened at the amount as he handed me the envelope.

"T-that's a lot."

"Not really mate?" 

"What do you mean! This is so much!" That made the bird smile. Then a crow flies on his shoulder and he starts talking to it until it flies off.  I couldn't really understand the conversation except for Kristen. 

"Sorry bout that. How much were you making at your old job exactly?" He questions.

"W-well I never really worked at jobs for long. The bosses usually yelled at me, or I just hated working there." I laugh nervously. CrowFather looks at me a little sadly. 

"Well at least you're working here now. Have a great day off." He said smiling. I walk home and go to the front desk to see Clementine.

"Hey Clementine!"

"Oh hello Tommy! Need something dearie?" She was such a sweet old lady.

"I was wondering how much it would be for 3 months of rent at my place?"

"Hmm 3k?" That is not a lot considering my paycheck. I then hand her the money and she was surprised. "That is a lot Tommy... But if you want to pay you can pay." She says as she grabs the money.

"Thank you."

"No problem dear." Clementine said as she counted the hundreds now in her possession. 

I then walk to a nice clothing store and get myself and the other two some clothes. I got 3 new outfits for each of us. I was quite proud of myself for getting these clothes for them. The total was '$2304.57' and I paid it. I go to a gaming store and get us a Wii and get Ranboo a new 3ds since his broke a few months ago. That was about a thousand. I walked to Chinese place and order take out for us. I continue walking home and then I see cool keychains. I get a bee one for Tubbo, an Ender eye for Ranboo, and I get myself a raccoon one. '$24.57'. I get home and it is almost dark. I say hello to Clementine and go to our apartment.

"Hey Tubbo and Ranboo! I got us takeout!" I say with the many bags in my hands.

"Awww, thanks Tommy!" Tubbo says as he see all my bags. "What's in all of those?" 

"Well. Since Big Man Tommy got paid. I decided to buy us somethings and pay 3 months of rent."

"Tommy you shouldn't have!" Ranboob said fake tearing up. I put the bags on the table and hand Tubbo and Ranboo their stuff. They were so happy. And that made my day.

"I also have over 50k left so I was thinking we could save it after we go to Niki's tomorrow."

"Over 50k! Holy shit Tommy!" Tubbo blurts out.

"What were you think on saving for?" Ranboo asks.

"Well maybe we could get a house down at District 5. I think if I save for a month we'll have enough for one." I grin.

"Tommy that's a great idea! We finally don't have to live in this shithole anymore!" Tubbo gleefully bleats. 

 "That is nice Tommy, but what about BigInnit? Doesn't he need to stay in District 9?" Ranboo says concerned.

"Yes and that is why I am also keeping this apartment as a vigilante hideout!" I boast.

"So we are going to live in both places?" Tubbo asks confused.

"I am. If you guys do too you can." I shrug.

We then proceed to play Wii sports throughout the night. We went to sleep and then went to Niki's the next day in our new clothes.

We are talking at Niki's and then Wilbur shows up. I am too busy talking to notice though, but he seemed to notice me.

"Hey Tommy!" Wilbur grinned.

"O-oh hey."

"Tommy who is this?" Ranboo asks.

"Wilbur. A friend of Tommy's." Tubbo grimaced.

"Mind if I sit down?" Wilbur asks. Of course, the only seat open in the booth is by me.  Without thinking I then say...

"Yes I do fucking mind. How bout you go fuck off." I then quickly cover my mouth as my roommates look at me surprised. I then look at Wilbur. He looked very upset.

"I will leave you guys alone then."

"I-I was only joking! Come take a seat!" I didn't want him to be upset. He then takes a seat next to me. All 4 of us talked for an hour or two.

"Oh shoot I am late again." Wilbur said laughing. "See you guys later."

We all wave goodbye and continue with our day. It is dark and I get my BigInnit outfit on and put on my communicator.

Time for patrol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 10! Hope you enjoyed! I think I will make an updated character list every 10 Chapters. So the next part will be a new character list. I will also work on the next chapter because you will see two new faces and possibly a villain. Have a good day!

Work Count: 983