Chapter 8: New Job

Tommy's POV

I wake up and grab my phone. '8:32'. I woke up late today. I put in the passcode and see that I have an email from The CrowFather? That can't be right. It is probably stating how I didn't get a job, but I open it anyways out of curiosity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent 12:45 am

Dear Tommy,

I would like to congratulate you on getting the job! You start at 8:30 today. Sorry for the short notice mate, but The Blade, Siren, and I need all the help we can get. We will have you grab us drinks tomorrow, and we will need your phone number so we can contact you if we are in need of assistance. You will be getting paid 2000 dollars an hour. It is not much, but we will probably raise it later on. We hope to see you today!

Sincerely,

CrowFather

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Holy shit! Holy shit! I got the job!" Not knowing that I said it aloud. It didn't matter anyway though since Tubbo was out selling nukes and Ranboo is on patrol as Ender. I even get paid 2k for this job! Everything is great for Big Man Tommy.

Then it hit me.

He said 8:30. It says 8:38 on my phone. I am late.

Shit I can't do anything right! Then they start getting louder.

D҉i҉s҉a҉p҉p҉o҉i҉n҉t҉m҉e҉n҉t҉.҉ ҉

Y҉o҉u҉ ҉c҉a҉n҉'҉t҉ ҉d҉o҉ ҉a҉n҉y҉t҉h҉i҉n҉g҉ ҉r҉i҉g҉h҉t҉.҉

 ҉P҉o҉g҉.҉ ҉

Y҉o҉u҉ ҉w҉i҉l҉l҉ ҉l҉o҉s҉e҉ ҉t҉h҉a҉t҉ ҉j҉o҉b҉.҉

 ҉E҉.҉

 ҉Y҉o҉u҉ ҉a҉r҉e҉ ҉a҉ ҉s҉c҉r҉e҉w҉ ҉u҉p҉.҉

"Shut up. Shut up. SHUT UP!" I didn't even notice I was in tears. 

I also didn't notice that my nails on my right hand were digging into my left arm making it bleed. I am just happy Tubbo and Ranboo aren't here to see how pathetic I am. I tried doing breathing exercises, but it didn't work. I then use some energy to stumble into the bathroom and turn on the faucet. I splash some water on my face making me get out of the nightmare. I look at myself in the mirror. I was still in tears and had bags under my eyes. I sigh and then get a cold shower. I eventually stopped crying. I put on my clothes, a red hoodie to hide my nail marks and some black jeans. I looked at the clock on my phone. '9:15'. I then get my shoes on quickly and start running to work.  I skipped breakfast, but breakfast is overrated anyways. 

I look at the clock on my phone. '9:46'. I am not too late. I take a deep breath and walk inside.

"Oh! Hello, Tommy great to see you here! The Sleepyboisinc team is waiting for you on the 9th floor."

"T-thank you Rose." I then walk into the elevator. I see a guy with green hair and a face mask on. He had green speckles on his face and was carrying a trident. Holy shit it is Warden. I fiddle my fingers and then just start thinking to myself forgetting he was there.

They are probably going to yell at me about being late. What if they fire me? Of course, I had to get this job and then screw up immediately.

"You okay Tommy?" Warden asks, putting his hand on my shoulder. Not to mention my left shoulder which made me flinch at the touch because it hurt like a bitch. I then realize I was breathing quickly, and I was almost in tears. I snap out of it and rub my eyes getting rid of the tears starting to form in my eyes.