Chapter 9: Dining and Voices

Tommy's POV

I was talking with Wilbur on the car ride there. He mainly was asking why I was at Hero's Tower, but I told him the truth. I didn't care. It wasn't supposed to be a secret that I worked there. He parked the car, and we went inside. 

"Welcome to Las Nevadas Restaurant what is your reservation under?" A woman in revealing waitress clothing asked. 

I didn't think we would come to Quackity's domain! Quackity also nicknamed as Jester is a nefarious businessman where villains and hero's get information from. He also has shapeshifting abilities making it hard for people to know what his real face looks like. I look around as Wilbur gets us checked in. It had a golden chandelier with red and blue crystals that were shaped like poker chips hanging from it. It also was a luxurious restaurant with fine dining which made my outfit stick out. A lot of fancy people in designer suits and dresses were looking at us making me want to disappear. I look over to where Wilbur is, hoping to get some reassurance in this awkward situation.

"I swear I had a reservation! Do you know who I am?"

"A hobo." The woman scoffed. "Seems your friend is one too."

"I am Wilbur Soot Minecraft. And I DO have a reservation." he says, clearly pissed off because of the situation.

"O-oh Mr. Minecraft s-sorry here is your name right now." the woman said terrified.  She then took us to the best table she could find on the balcony. "T-there you go!" she said as she handed us the menus.

"Thank you," Wilbur said smiling kindly. It is like he just changed personalities. Then he looked at me. "Order whatever you want. On me." I then look at the menu...

W-Why is it so expensive! The cheapest thing is 30 and that is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on the kids' section of the menu.  I am not sure why they have kids' meals when there are slot machines and gambling tables inside... not to mention the obvious bar spread out through the establishment. I am hungry since I literally haven't eaten at all today. Then I start panicking. I don't want Wilbur to pay this much for me! I had no money on me though. 

"Everything okay Tommy?" Wilbur said looking concerned.

"Y-yea." I said looking down at the prices. Of course I wasn't! I didn't want him to worry though.

"Are you two ready to order?" The woman whore from before asked.

"Yes. I will have the most expensive cut of cow you have with sparkling water." Wilbur states.

"Okay! What for the blonde boy?"

"I-I will just have a normal water." I state. I don't want Wilbur paying too much for me.

"Are you sure Tommy?" Wilbur looked concerned.

"Yea-" Grumble. My stomach goes. Fuck. Wilbur looks at me concerned.

"Get 2 of the most expensive cuts of cow, a sparkling water, and a water." Wilbur firmly states.

"Wilbur you don't-"

"I do. And I am. No excuses." He glares at me worriedly.

"Your orders will be ready soon!" The woman said and walked away.

"Wilbur won't that be expensive?" I ask as my eyes widen in horror at what he got me.

"I said that I am paying. Not to mention that it's obvious that you are hungry." Wilbur says frowning. I didn't complain. I couldn't really complain now that he had ordered it anyway.

Then we talked for a little bit. And then our food came. It tasted so good. Best thing I had in a while because Tubbo, Ranboo, and I never got to treat ourselves to stuff like this.