4: I spy

Max and Eleven were situated in Els's room, listening to the song Angel by Madonna. Max was dancing around the room, singing the song into a hairbrush as El flicked through a magazine she had brought in the hall, bobbing her head to the tune as she stared in wonder at the bright colours on the paper.

Max stopped when she saw El looking at a page in her magazine with Ralph Macchio on it. He was labelled teen heartthrob of the month. Max rolled her eyes, having seen the picture so many times.

"Macchio?" El repeated, grasping it.

"Yeah, he's the karate kid," Max nodded as she did a karate chop through the air that Made El giggle.

"Alex thinks he is totally hot, she never shuts up about it," Max joked, El watched as her cheeks went pink as she spoke about her girlfriend. "She is convinced he would be a good kisser," Max sighed.

Max's eyes sparked with an idea. 

"Hey, uh is Mike a good kisser?" Max asked El, trying to get some gossip. El looked down at the bed blushing and confused.

"I don't know," El answers Max's question while smirks, assuming that he isn't, "He's my first boyfriend."

"Ex Boyfriend," Max corrects her new found friend. El looks down, seemingly upset that she broke it off with Mike. Which was fair, she had barley gone twelve hours without him for the past six months.

"Hey, don't worry about it okay?" Max comforts the girl, patting her leg, "He'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness," She says, "I guarantee you he's like, totally wallowing in self pity and misery right now and moaning to Lucas about it," She continued.

El seemed to have had an idea.

"What is it?" Max asks as a smile creeps onto Elevens face.

"I can see," She tells her, getting up and walking to her drawer to grab her bandana she uses as a mask and puts the radio to static before sitting in front of it.

"Is this really gonna work?" Max asks, making Eleven nod as she puts the bandana over her eyes, "Holy shit, this is insane."

"Max." El warned.

"Yeah, quiet. I'm sorry," Max mumbles, making El focus and pull the bandana.

Max watched intensely as her face changed, not moving so she didn't make a sound and distract the girl with powers.

"I see them," El tells her, making Max smile even though she couldn't see it.

"What are they doing?" Max asked quietly, not wanting to break the vision.

"Mike and Lucas are eating," El replies simply, making max roll her eyes.

"They are saying we're species" El says after a long pause.

"What?" Max asks.

"Emotion, not logic," El says, repeating the boys words while Max lets out a dry laugh.

~~

By now the two girls had flipped a monopoly board and stuck post it notes with people's names on it. "Okay, we have Nancy, Steve, Alex, Mr. Wheeler, Dustin, Billy, Mrs. Wheeler and Mr. Clarke," Max explains to the girl with superpowers. "We spin the bottle, whoever it lands on, we spy on."

"Are you sure?" El asks and Max nods, 

"It's just harmless fun," Max smirks as she sips from her drink, "Holy shit, I can't believe we're really doing this." Max laughs as she places the bottle in the middle and looks at El. "Ready?"

"Ready."

And with that, the bottle was spun. When it stopped it pointed to Alex, Max smiled, wanting to see what her girlfriend was doing in her free time.

El grabs her blindfold and Max switches the sound to static.

"I found her," El says.

"What's she doing?" Max asked intrigued, Alex never really spoke about her home life.

El looked around the void, trying to figure out where she was. "I... I can't tell," she said, finally finding Alex, she was sat in the corner of a large group of people, all of them looking happy and having these, rolled up papers in their mouths, "I... I think we are outside, Alex is with a lot of people, some of them are older but i think it's her friends." El said, Max was confused, why was she outside, it was like midnight.

"What are they doing?" she asked, intrigued.

"They have these paper things in their mouths and have a bunch of bottles, like the ones Hop drinks when he is happy," she said, noticing the bottles of liquid at their feet.

Max held back a gasp, was Alex out drinking and smoking? It couldn't be, El must have seen something wrong.

"Alex looks really happy, more than she did earlier by the bikes," El said, looking at the girl as she sat with her friends in the void.

Alex was sat in her group of friends, Isaac and Luke were on either side, Isaac's older brother and his friends were around as well. All six of them were on a total high, having finished multiple bottles of beer and Vodka, and having smoked a twenty pack between them in the last half hour.

Max just hoped for the best and moved on, telling El to spin the bottle again, hoping it would be less sad.

~~

Alex leaned over the edge of the toilet, Isaac in the stall beside her, they had definitely ingested too much of the liquid and now Alex's head was pounding.

A/N very short chapter