20: Paradise City

Alex was suddenly back outside the diner, sat on the curb breathing heavily. She had this feeling, like when you go swimming and stay underwater for a little too long and then it's like every breath you take will be your last one.

~~

The group in Eddie's trailer were panicking, Nancy had just explained what she saw, Steve was also jumping around because Nancy had seen his sister in there, and she was bloodied apparently.

Nancy and Dustin are saying that they need to go back to the upside down, to kill Vecna one and for all, before he makes another move and tries to kill someone. Steve is trying to convince them that's a bad idea, and they need to come up with a more tactical approach, and find his sister.

"We don't even know when he's going to attack next," Robin stressed, not wanting to go back into the Upside Down, that place gave her major creeps. She doesn't want to go through all that risk on a whim that they were right. "We don't even know who."

Nancy gasped, turning everyone's attention to her. "Alex!" she spoke.

Max and Steve looked at her with wide eyes, pressuring her to continue that. "When i was there, in his mind, or her mind. At this point i don't even know. Alex said that she saw the clock, before Vecna went in her mind."

"That makes her his forth victim." Max finished, looking completely defeated. Sure, she was annoyed at the girl, more than annoyed. But she just wants to sort it out with words, she doesn't want Alex to die, not before they got rid of all the tension between them.

"No." Steve denies, it can't be like that. Alex just went through the same thing as Nancy, surely.

"Steve. Don't panic." Max said with authority, "I can still feel him. I'm still marked. Cursed. I ditch Kate Bush, I draw his focus back to me. Boom! Alex is saved, and i buy you enough time to kill Vecna," She said, very sure of herself and her plan. Max had already fought Vecna off once, she could do it one more time, especially if it saves the person she loves.

~~

Alex went back into the building, the boys had all separated, working on their own things. Trying to occupy themselves and prepare for their hunt for Eddie.

Rocky crept behind Alex, putting his hands around her waist and lifting her up, spinning her around before kissing her cheek. To say Alex was surprised would be an understatement. "You okay babe? you were out there for quite a while," He said, checking over the girl, making sure she isn't hurt or anything.

She nodded, trying to reassure him, but also herself. "Yeah, Yeah." she said, he looked unsure, putting a finger on her chin so they faced each other. He raised an eyebrow, "I'm fine Rock, i promise. I just needed to clear my head, shit's crazy at the moment."

He nodded and pulled her onto the couch beside him, Alex smiled, leaning against him. She reached into her bag, grabbing a tape, one of the mixtapes she had made, containing all her favourite songs.

and the song she hoped would save her. She's pretty sure it's her favourite song, because she had it on repeat for hours once.

Paradise City - Guns N' Roses

She had brought the album as soon as it came out, and had it on repeat for weeks, this particular song being her favourite.