19: Remember me

Alex turned, now she didn't want to go back inside, Rocky would know something is up. But it's not like she could explain, he was convinced that anything outside his small realm of possibilities is wrong and impossible.

She turned around, having a strange sensation in the back of her mind, like a warning of danger or something. Alex pun of her heel, trying to sense what was causing the feeling.

She watched as a man materialised, this wasn't good. This is very not good. Vecna has a grip on her mind again, he was moving quicker this time, if the record checks out, two more visions after this one, the first targeting her trauma, like Max had in her yard and then the second, it was the final blow.

The man began to show and Alex backed away, Vecna had reached into her mind, but he hadn't stopped at the surface or gone for her relevant trauma, no he had dug deep and gone straight for the root of everything.

The Lab.

The man, or the vision was Peter, or One, 001.

"This isn't real, your not fucking real!" Alex muttered as he walked closer, the stark white of his clothes contrasting the darkness of the night. Alex bounced on her feet, she wasn't sure what good it would do to fight the hallucination, but anything works right?

"On the contrary Alexia, i am very real," He said, offering her a kind smile; when she was in the lab, Alex found it comforting but now, now she saw it had something lurking behind it, a hint of malice, something unsettling.

"No, this is all in my head," Alex said again, more to just ground herself. She wasn't really here, well yes, she is still in the parking lot. However, Peter isn't real, none of this is!

"No, No." He stepped closer to Alex, and only now did she realise, it was like with every step he took, his skin almost disintegrated. Alex was thoroughly creeped out and pressed herself against the door, jsut willing it to open, if not just so she could hide. "This is all real, your mind is a very interesting place,"

Alex sucked in a breath, is she an idiot? probably.

She swung her fist back and hit Peter across the face, her fist suddenly being enveloped in a goop like substance she now realised was his skin, she had peeled some off with her punch.

Alex wound up again, yes she probably is insane but that's not important. This time she will power into it, letting her fist grow in temperature, not enough to kill but enough to leave burns.

She hit him across the other side before he could even react to the one before. This time Peter, or whatever it is, hissed in pain. Alex took pleasure in this, taking out all her emotions on the illusion.

Alex looked at whatever Peter is, it was like every time she punched, it ripped of skin, but not to reveal flesh, it was a gross, purple rubber-ish layer. Almost like a congealed skeleton.

She looked at it in disgust, before remembering everything, everything Vecna had done to her friends, to Max. She cried out and tackled the thing, not even looking at it, before repeatedly punching the shit from it.

She ignored the pain in her knuckles, in her head. The goo coating her fists became a weapon, Peter or Vecna or whatever just didn't move, it was as if he was encouraging Alex, making her hit harder, faster and just not holding back.