2: kindly, fuck off

Alex was walking to her counselling session when she was ambushed by Mike, the boys looked distressed and was out of breath as he leant against the lockers. "Alex, stop a second please," he panted out.

Alex held back a laugh and leant opposite him, confused but intrigued as to what he would say and why he looked like his life was being threatened.

"I wouldn't be asking this unless i was completely desperate," He said, Alex mocked offense and let him carry on, "But... Lucas has to skip out on D&D tonight and we really need a replacement and Eddie might be less mad if it's you because, you know your a bit of a nerd and know some of the rules."

Alex was trying not to laugh at his disparity, she totally would help Mike if she actually understood how the game works, "Yeah, i totally would... But I'm being dragged to the game by Steve to be his wingman," Alex said, causing Mike to smile a little, defeated but finding it funny. "Good luck for finding a replacement though," she said, turning away from him to go to the counselling session she was now late too.

~~

Alex hates the counselling sessions so much, it's not that she didn't like the counsellor, she was nice enough and was patient when Alex didn't respond or got angry. She just found it stupid that her parents were forcing her to go at all, to talk about her problems; which she never did anyway, everyone knew Alex had trouble opening up to anyone. It was stupid to her, it was always the same, the same advice and little effort.

"So Alex, before we begin, is there anything you want to talk about specifically?" Mrs Kelly asks Alex as the girl looks bored, messing with the buttons on her jersey.

"I heard you got in a fight last week," She stated, looking over to Alex's knuckles, still bruised from the fight as they scabbed over. "Would you mind telling me what happened?"

Alex shrugged, "Some girl was throwing insults at me, trying to piss me off." she explained, a ghost of a smile on her face as she thought of it, "Clean swing at her nose and she stopped immediately, funny, seems to always to the trick," she joked.

"And what were these insults?" Mrs Kelly asked, gathering information as to why Alex seemed to be in a fight every three days, she was growing more concerned for the girl's temper, if she didn't get it under control it would cause problems.

Alex bit her lip and looked down, the insults actually meaning something personal this time, "Just the usual, you know 'Dyke', 'whore' and everyone's favourite, 'dirty little lesbo', it's totally original," She tried to brush it off but the counsellor could tell that it was those insults that got to her the most. "Can we please change the subject?" Alex asked, her voice not quite as strong as a few minutes prior.

"So how is home?" Mrs Kelly asks, that was the only thing Alex had talked to her about, what happened when her stepfather was home.

Alex shrugged, "My parents are still on a business trip if that's what you mean?" she said, glaring at the pen Mrs Kelly was taking notes with, "I don't know, me and Steve work fine, normally one of our friends is there anyway." She responded simply. It's not like her parents cared about her, unless it was a way for her mom to shape her into a proper lady.

"I saw you at the pep rally tis morning," The therapist stated, looking at Alex directly, "You were hanging out with Mike Wheeler and his friends right?"

"Yeah?" Alex asked confused how that was relevant, "I mean they are my friends as well. Sorry, are you planning to interrogate my friends on information about me?" she said holding back a laugh, it's not like she was trying to hide that she was friends with the boys.