(season 3/4) bonus chapter: baseball

Quick AN: This is set between the two series, hence the placement. I just realised that we haven't actually had any baseball scenes really, except the brief one in series two. Plus i have been missing writing Malex fluff.

~~

Alex smiled widely as she walked out onto the pitch, she could hear Isaac and Luke from where she was stood, they were chanting her name as if she was some celebrity, Rocky was stood with them as well and Alex could feel a blush creeping onto her cheeks, she didn't realise he was coming.

Her smile just got wider when she noticed Max, she was stood with Steve and Mike in the front row, Alex jogged over to her and pulled her behind the barricades to steal a kiss, Max looked up at her in confusion, Alex just smirked and shrugged, "Your my good luck charm," she said, running back out, leaving Max there, mouth agape.

~~

The thing is, when it came to baseball, Alex wasn't there for the roar of the crowd when she it a home run, or the adrenaline rush when she hit the ball. She was there for the win, her senses elevated as she pulled the helmet over her head and swung the bat back and forth, waiting for her number to be called out for batting.

Alex popped the bubble gum in her mouth, looking at the tied score, they were in the least innings so Alex could literally make it or break it. She was more than excited.

She let out a stressed breath as Cindy got three strikes, leaving it down to Alex. Only one of the three bases was covered by someone on her team, it was all on her. If she got out the other team may be able to take the win, but if she it a homerun, it would be a win for the Tigers.

"Alright, Summers," She felt a hand on her helmet, and Alex turned to face her coach who then shook her shoulder in reassurance, "This is all you kid, You gotta hit this thing so hard it can break a wall, you got this,"

She nodded and swung her bat over her shoulder, a smirk on her face again, "Course, i got this." she said in reassurance.

"Number twenty four, Summers," the announcer called out to the green. Her coach patter her on the back as she stepped stepped up. She took a deep breath and checked the wrap on her bat, holding it tightly as she looked the pitcher.

She planted her feet, digging her shoes into the dirt and bracing herself.

She smirked in her spot as the pitcher raised her hand, preparing to throw the ball. Alex took a deep breath, swinging the bat as the ball hurtled towards her.

"Strike one!"

"You got this Alex!" Steve called out, followed by cheers from her friends.

"Ball one!" the back catcher said, throwing the ball back over to the pitcher.

Alex kicked the dirt in frustration, her anger growing over the missed ball. She planted herself and gripped the bat so tight her knuckles had gone white.

The pitcher threw the ball up and down cockily before turning back to Alex and winking in mockery. Alex felt fire in her veins as she narrowed her eyes on the girl. 

She sucked in a breath as the ball hurtled towards her, swinging as hard as she could, she felt the metal bat connect with the ball with a loud. CLINK.

Alex immediately dropped the bat, not even looking as to where the ball went. She burst into a sprint and rushed to first base.

A breath of relief slipped from her lips when she heard the crowd erupt in cheers, followed by a loud horn and the announcer declaring:  'HOMERUN!'

Alex jogged the rest of the bases, ripping her helmet off and throwing it onto the floor, she had a bright smile, one Steve hadn't seen since her brother died a few weeks ago. As soon as she jumped onto home base, she was attacked by her team in a group hug, the whole team euphoric.

"We're the state champions!" The coach exclaimed, making the girls cheer louder as they lifted the trophy high. The cheers turned to laughter and then screams as the coach dumped a cooler of water over them all, none upset as they were still bouncing from the win.

"Alex!" Luke called, running down from the stands and tackling his friend to the ground in joy. Isaac was soon to follow, tackling Luck down so they were all in a fit of laughter on the floor.

The two boys helped her up and started cheering, not caring that her wet uniform was soaking their tops as they lifted her onto their shoulders. jumping up and down.

Rocky jogged over to the trio, pulling Alex from their shoulders so he could hug her in congratulations. Alex smiled widely at him before grabbing her water from the side, taking off the cap and throwing it over the three boys so they were also soaking.

~~ 

From the stands, Max, Mike, Lucas and Dustin watched in jealousy as Alex celebrated with her other friends instead of them. This is the happiest they had seen the girl since everything went down and it sparked envy in the others that they weren't a part of it.

Alex looked over to them and beamed, telling the other boys to wait a minute as she ran over, hopping the barricade and essentially falling onto Max, leaning in so she could kiss the ginger girl's cheek.

"You did it!" Max said, wrapping her arms around the girl with dyed hair. Alex knew none of them really understood the game but she appreciated the effort. The two girls shared a quick kiss, going unnoticed by everyone luckily.

Lucas pulled her into a half-hug, him being the only one that understood what was happening the whole time. The others looked in confusion as they talked about the game excitedly, reinacting parts of it.