Alternate ending: 3 wishes

Death: the action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.

Some superheroes do die, they die to save the word, to keep peace at bay, but Alex wasn't a superhero, not really.

But what's really in the word death, because yes Alex Summers may be 'dead' her heart stopped, she was literally dead. But was she really dead?

Because her spirit still lived on, she didn't die in society, she was remembered by a lot of people. There were pictures of her around Hawkins high, people were crying about her, her name was carved into a piece of stone for eternity. So did her life really come to an end, because her book isn't closed, there's still chapters to come - she was the main character even in death so is she really dead.

Well Yes.

Her body was taken by the ambulances after that night in the creel house, Eleven couldn't restart her heart no matter how hard she tried, Max couldn't bring life back through CPR, Erica and Lucas couldn't do anything to help.

So Alex is dead.

It's really quite a simple concept. Alex was alive, and she lived a good - well not so good - life for a full fifteen years, and then she was killed. She was killed by an insane man who she thought she knew. She didn't get a big ending, surrounded by all her loved ones.

She died from a split decision, she died a heroes death.

But she isn't the only one to die that night. In fact, quite a large amount of people died that night, quite a few notable people died in fact; Eddie died from the demo-bats, Rocky died from falling down those stairs head first, Jason died.

Dying, death, dead.

Those words are everywhere, but why does it have to be so literal. Sure many people died, but the repercussions of that can kill parts of people. People can be brain dead, is it possible for people to be 'heart dead'?

Sure the whole concept of a heart being dead but alive seems like juxtaposition but that's the only way to describe how Max Mayfield is feeling.

Ever since Maxine Mayfield had moved to Hawkins, Indiana; It had always been her and Alex, either as best friends or as girlfriends, or as exes. They had always been around one another, impacting one another. So, now Alex is gone and she isn't coming back - What is Max supposed to do?

She had never loved someone, not like she loved Alex. They were perfect for each other in every sense of the word, like puzzle pieces always meant to fit together even as they grew up and changed.

Max couldn't think about Alex, not anymore. But somehow it was all she did, but the good memories always seemed to be plagued with the ones of watching Alex's chest fall still, watching the bullets plant in her chest, watching the paramedics cover her body with a sheet, seeing her emerald eyes glaze over in fear of death, hearing her screams of pain, hearing her last words.

"Max, I don't wanna die. I.. I.. can't die, please."

Eight words. Eight words that will always be in Max's nightmares, because the ginger couldn't do anything, she could just hold Alex's hand, reassure her that everything would be alright even when the odds were so far against her.