15: you die i die

Everyone jumped into action and crowded around El, luckily taking the pressure of Alex to explain everything to her brothers.

"Okay, okay, let's look," Johnathan says, slowly ripping up the bandage, making Alex feel sick and grab Max's hand tighter. Suddenly, something moved inside of her leg making El scream and everyone wince.

"Oh my god!" Alex exclaimed, barely keeping herself from throwing up, "Oh my god that's disgusting."

"Keep her talking, keep her awake okay?" Johnathan said, running to one of the shops to get supplies while El screamed in the background.

"Alex?" Max said, tapping the girls shoulder. Alex had raised her hand to her head and winced.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" Max asked, following her hand down to the wound on Alex's stomach, that was spitting out blood still. "Your bleeding, a lot."

"I know," She groaned as Max sat them both down on a bench, "It's fine, El's the priority right now," She said to Max, leaning against the other girl.

El let out another scream.

"You know, it's actually not that bad," Robin said, trying to take Eleven's mind off the pain, "One time, the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire, this other girl slid into her leg, and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, it was insane."

By the time she finished rambling everyone was looking at her annoyed, Alex was holding back a laugh at Robin's awkwardness in it all.

"Robin," Steve interjected, "Your not helping."

"Okay, I'm sorry," she apologised, looking down sheepishly at the floor as Johnathan came back and knelt beside the whimpering girl.

"Okay, El?" Johnathan spoke in a shaky voice. "This is gonna hurt like hell, alright?"

"Okay?" she sobbed, looking away.

"I need you to stay really still," He told her, pulling plastic gloves onto his hands and passing her a wooden spoon, "You're gonna want to bite down on this okay?" She nods and places it between her teeth, wincing.

Johnathan moves the knife towards her leg as Alex scooted beside El and moved the hair from her face, making the girl focus on her instead of Johnathan cutting her leg.

"You sure we shouldn't have Mayfield do it, She has experience," Steve jabs, looking over at his bleeding sister.

"Steve!" Alex shouts, pulling Max beside her and glaring at her brother, "For once in your fucking life can you shut up!"

Alex turned back to El who was beginning to move, "Hey, hey it's okay, look at me," Alex whispers to her as El lets out a cry as Johnathan cuts her skin, "Focus on me, don't look at it."

Eleven let out a piercing scream as everyone cringed, Johnathan had put his fingers in El's wound to grab whatever was wriggling around inside her leg.

"Hey, Hey," Alex whispered, trying to keep El's focus on her, wiping away her tears with her jumper. Johnathan was still trying to grab it but ultimately failing. El spat out the spoon and cried "Stop it, I can do it, I'll do it."