you should see me in a crown (v, bts)

Inspired by the song "you should see me in a crown" by Billie Eilish.

-----------------

Taehyung strolled through his village, whistling as he went. It was a pleasant autumn day with a glorious breeze, and paired with the radiant sun and beautiful trees, this morning was going quite pleasantly. Usually, he doesn't go out this early, but today, he felt like getting a pastry from the bakery.

Hillstone Bakery appeared at the corner of the block, his favorite pastry shop. However, as he made his way to the door, someone bumped into him.

"I'm so, so sorry, sir," the woman exclaimed, stopping immediately to check if he was okay.

"It's fine," Taehyung said. She sighed in relief at his statement. The man brushed himself off before looking up at who bumped into him.

It was a young woman about his age. She seemed to be a commoner, like him, as seen by her typical peasant attire. She had straight blonde hair and hazel eyes and was honestly quite pretty. She gave him a small smile that was a bit strange, but he brushed it off as a friendly gesture.

"I'm sorry about that, sir. What's your name?"

"My name's Taehyung. And you are?"

"Denise, nice to meet you, and I apologize for my little mishap!"

"No need for any apologies, accidents happen." That's a nice name, he thought. She seemed to be a nice person.

"Say, would you like to come to the bakery with me? I can buy you a pastry as an apology for almost making you fall," Denise suggested.

"Fair enough. I was just heading over there anyway."

The minute they walked inside, they were greeted by the smell of fresh bread and pastry sugar. 

"What would you like?" the cashier asked.

"A blueberry scone and..." Denise turned back at Taehyung, expecting his order.

"A strawberry danish, please."

The two took a seat at a table in the corner of the bakery. At first, they both ate in silence, but then Denise cleared his throat.

"So, how old are you?" Denise asked.

"I'm 23, you?"

"Wow, quite young. I'm the same as you. What do you do around here?"

"As of now, I'm working at the blacksmith's shop, but to be honest," his voice became quieter, "I actually want to be a musician. I'm pretty new to the village, so I needed money, and getting an apprentice job was easy since my family used to be blacksmiths, but the reason I left was to pursue performing."

"That sounds wonderful, more exciting than my life as a servant. We don't have many performers around here. Can you maybe sing a bit? I'm quite curious."

"Okay, then, I guess." Taehyung cleared his throat. "But could we go somewhere less occupied?"

"It'll be fine, there's no one here, anyway."

"Well then. I just wrote this piece and it's not finished, but I guess I can give you a glimpse."

He began to sing, his voice quiet yet linting. "I still wonder, wonder beautiful story / Still wonder, wonder best part / I still wander, wander next story / I want to make you mine" His eyes, which had previously been closed as he was lost in his own melody, opened again.