Swan Song (felix, stray kids)

A silver van drove through the quiet neighborhood and pulled up to a beautiful vintage cottage with vines and flowers blooming across the sides, and a bright green lawn with a little birdbath. The house's front faced the road, and to its left was a vast forest, dense and thick. The doors of the van popped open, and the Lee family stretched their legs as they stepped foot in their new home base.

"Finally!" Felix exclaimed in relief as he placed down his final box into his new bedroom. "Gosh, my back hurts like heck!"

"Wuss." Felix turned around as his brother Chris, who was older by a year, emerged from the room next to his, aka Chris's new room. "How many boxes did you move, three? I bet it was nothing but clothes."

"Bro, cut him some slack, we literally left the house at 5:30 in the morning, and the boxes are huge," said the voice of Felix's other brother, Kevin, who was a year younger. "I wanna sleep right now, this is killing my arms." The boy set his box outside of the room next to Chris's. The three of them were roomed right next to each other, the only difference being that Felix got his own bathroom, while Chris and Kevin had to share one. Felix's room was at the house corner, two windows facing the back field and the forest, while Chris's and Kevin's rooms only had one window facing the back field.

"Why is it that he gets his own bathroom though?" Chris asked.

"Because I'm special," Felix said, sticking out his tongue at the other.

Kevin sighed. "I mean, he's not wrong."

At the same time, Chris gave him a scathing glare. "You little-"

"Alright you three, stop bickering and unpack all this, we need to at least unpack dishes for dinner." Their conversation was interrupted by their mother's voice echoing from the front door.

"Coming!" the three said, walking towards the kitchen.

Felix collapsed into his bed at 11 pm. About half of his room was unpacked now, and he wanted to sleep really badly. He felt himself begin to drift off...

Suddenly, a soft humming sound filtered into his room. At first, Felix shook it off, thinking it was just his sleep deprivation playing with him as he snuggled more into his blankets. But about five minutes later, the sound was still ringing in his ears. It was melodic and linting, yet loud enough to where Felix couldn't fall asleep. Sighing in defeat, he sat up, head looking around for the source of the noise. He took a lap around his room, but he couldn't find it. Soon enough, he simply went back to bed, covering his ears with his pillow.

The sun rose before he could comprehend it, and so he slid out of bed, running on basically no sleep. The melody was stuck in his head, haunting his sleepless mind as he went to the kitchen.

A week passed, and the family was settling in nicely enough. There was more than a month until school began, so the family was just chilling at home, the Lee siblings often calling friends from their old home to stay in touch while the parents went around town. There wasn't much interesting, as it was just an average suburban community, but the adults liked walking around the nature scenery much more than the kids.

During this week, though, Felix had constantly heard the humming song in his room, the sound always popping up late in the night around 11. However, whenever he left his room, he couldn't hear it, so the sound was isolated in his room to bother him. He could never find the source, and it was beginning to drive him crazy. As nice and melodious as the sound was, it never let him get the amount of sleep needed for him to function properly. He hadn't told anyone about it yet, and wasn't gonna tell anytime soon. No one had noticed that there were bags under his eyes, anyway, as makeup was an amazing tool at hiding it.