Levanter (changlix, stray kids)

changbin x felix

(this story is in no way based on the song "Levanter" by SKZ, so no angst today lol. You'll see why this is the story name in a little bit)

--------------

The bell blared through the classroom at 3:30 pm, signaling the end of fifth block as well as the end of the school day. Changbin let out a long sigh, stretching his limbs as his brain was finally allowed to rest for the day. He slipped his Architecture class stuff quickly into his backpack and stood up, pack slung over his shoulders.

"Finally, I want to leave this hell."

"Bro, same. Saturday is finally here, thank the heavens!"

The junior turned around to face his two best friends, a sophomore named Hyunjin and another junior named Wooyoung, who were hurrying to pack up their own bags. Wooyoung finished first, almost springing out of his seat. The trio began walking out of the classroom and to Changbin's car. He was the only one out of them with a car (though all of them had licenses).

"Now that hell is over for the week, you guys wanna do something tonight? Or even right now?" Hyunjin asked.

Changbin shook his head. "Eh. Kinda tired. Do we have to?"

"How about we go to Levanter for dinner?" Wooyoung suggested, "C'mon, it's Friday, let's go have fun!"

Changbin immediately perked up at Wooyoung's suggestion. "You know what, alright then, sure."

Wooyoung and Hyunjin gave the other quizzical looks at his sudden change of behavior, but didn't say anything.

"Okay, it's settled. And remember to tell your parents this time Jin. Remember when we went to a diner a few months ago and your's parents thought you got abducted?"

The three chuckled, with Hyunjin's face heating up in embarrassment.

"That sounds like a plan," Changbin said, "I guess I'll pick y'all up at 5:30?" The other two agreed.

Changbin's dark blue sedan pulled up to Wooyoung's house with a smooth stop. The boy turned off the ignition and texted Wooyoung that he had arrived. A few minutes later, two silhouettes emerged in the front. One silhouette gave a small peck on the lips to the other before stepping down and heading towards the car.

"Bye Sannie!" Wooyoung yelled before seating himself in the passengers' seat. "Now let's go, Bin, I'm starving."

The car pulled up to the next house. Changbin was about to text Hyunjin when Wooyoung suddenly honked the horn several times.

"Dude! There are other people here!" Changbin scolded. Wooyoung just cackled. Changbin saw a head peek through a window upstairs. The figure quickly departed, and a few minutes later, a figure burst out of the front door and began running to the car.

"Do not scare me like that again," Hyunjin said.

"It was him, not me," Changbin said, gesturing at Wooyoung, who smiled sweetly.

"Fuck you," Hyunjin sighed.

"You wish, too bad I'm taken," the other responded.

After receiving a neck slice from Hyunjin, Wooyung shut up, and the three were off for dinner.

The car parked in front of a familiar medium-sized diner, the traffic in the heart of the city roaring around them. The place was filled with people, visible from the large windows that made up most of the diner's walls. A golden glowing sign in simple font read Levanter. The Specials menu hanging outside swung lazily in the wind as people entered and left through the doors.