A Missing Laptop and a Birthday Surprise (bang chan, stray kids)

"I swear to God, where is my laptop...?" Chan muttered angrily as he woke up this morning to find his laptop missing. He had fallen asleep on his bed yesterday, luckily, but he immediately noticed the missing electronic from his desk.

Sighing, he decided to just find it later, as he had most likely misplaced it somewhere in the dorm. He trudged to the bathroom in his room to freshen up for the day.

"And where are Felix and Changbin?" he asked himself, as he realized his roommates were unaccounted for. Not thinking too much of it, the boy stepped into the bathroom without a second thought.

Stepping out of the bathroom, Chan went to his desk to search for his missing computer.

"Where the heck is it?!" he yelled out in frustration, ruffling his hair.

He checked all around the desk and his room, but nothing. He checked his bag, but nothing. Giving up, he stormed out of the room, but then noticed something strange.

No one was home.

"Um, hello? Manager-nim? Felix? Hyunjin? Anyone?" He searched the others' room but found them barren.

"IS ANYONE HERE?!" he yelled at the top of his lungs (without disturbing the dorm building, of course), but his only response was silence.

"Did they leave without me?" he muttered. He poured himself a bowl of cereal and sat at the table, miserable.

"So I can't find my laptop, can't find my band members or the manager, and," he checked his phone, "It's 10:00 am on- wait, it's my birthday too? Well, this day is absolutely splendid!"

Suddenly his phone dinged, signaling that he had a text.

Bin:
Are u at the studio yet?

Chan:
coming, I'm still at the dorm
where is everyone?

Bin:
Somewhere
Just come to the studio

Chan:
Hey, is my laptop over there by any chance

Bin:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chan:
Changbin...
istg just tell me I'm currently in a state ofpanic

Bin:
Hyung just get over here pls

Chan:
Seriously? Nothing?
...
Alright guess I'm taking the bus

"Changbin?" Chan called out as he arrived in his studio. Silence.

"Is he in the restroom?" Chan sat down at his desk, "Hey, I did leave my laptop here! But I'm 99% sure I brought it home though."

He opened his precious object, waiting for Changbin and Jisung, and possibly everyone else. However, 15 minutes later, it was apparent that no one was there.

Chan called Changbin, demanding answers.

"Where are you?"

"Are you at the studio?"

"Yeah, but where are you?"

"Did you find your laptop?"

"Yes, but where are you and everyone else?"

"Inspect your laptop." Changbin then hung up.

"What in the world are they doing?" Chan sighed. "And what does he mean 'inspect the laptop'? Like there's-" He stopped, realizing there was a folded piece of paper on the bottom.

He took it out carefully, unfolding and immediately recognizing Jisung's handwriting.

Knowing you, it probably took you forever to find this because you were stuck at the dorm stressing over your lost laptop that was right here. Yes, Changbin and I may or may not have taken it here without you knowing. But anyway, happy birthday, and please go to the cafe. You know where. We're all there.

- Jisung (and the other members)

"Of course, they'd do something like this." Chan laughed. "Welp, to the cafe it is."

"You took forever oh my God," Felix yelled the second Chan entered the door, "We had to blow out the candles because they were almost burned out!"

"How did it take you almost four hours to even find the freaking note?!" Minho said.

"I-"

"He probably woke up late because he stayed up late for writing, luckily slept in his bed so he probably slept longer, panicked about his laptop for a good 20 minutes, took his time in the bathroom, ate food slowly because he was sad because no one was home, took the bus to the studio only to have to turn around, and also probably sat in his chair, confused, for a good few minutes." Jeongin took a deep breath after ranting that out in one breath.

"That was very accurate," Chan said in shock.

"Alright, enough chitchat, we've already delayed long enough," Hyunjin announced, lighting the very short candles. "Happy birthday Chan-hyung!"

Chan blew out the candle after a chorus of celebration, smiling. Well, this birthday was sure to be memorable.