The Green Language Bird (bts)

English is in bold.

--------------

BTS has been working on their English extremely hard for the last several years. From books to websites to enlisting help from RM, their savior for English-speaking, they've been going for it. But they don't always have the time to read a book or use their laptops. So they went on a hunt for a language-learning app to use in snippets throughout the days.

"Hey, I think I may have found an app to help the group learn English," Jimin exclaimed one day.

"Finally! What's it called?" J-Hope asked.

"Yeah, which one is it?" RM asked.

Jimin looked at the name, struggling to say it. "Du- no, Dulog- Dulogino-"

RM went over and looked at Jimin's phone. "Duolingo," he said, spelling it out for the others to look up, "I heard of this app."

RM's eyes looked nervous for some reason.

"Well, I downloaded it, you guys should, too!" Jimin said.

"Well, too late to stop you now," RM muttered.

"Wait, what did you say Namjoon?" Jin asked.

"Nothing," RM said, "Just use this app well and don't miss any lessons or break your streaks. And...uh, you shouldn't delete it if it gets too difficult."

"Okay then?" V said. Why was RM so skeptical about this?

V said as much, and RM said: "Well, I've read stuff about it- you know what, never mind, use the app and learn well!"

Though they weren't entirely convinced, they shrugged and continued on.

All and all, the app was pretty good. Though there were some weird sentences and it seemed passive-aggressive when you got a question wrong, the app was good nonetheless, and taught well.

When they left to begin touring, though, having time to use the app got difficult. Sure, they could do stuff on the plane, but once they had landed and started doing their thing, they forgot about the app. They broke their streaks. Little did they know what would happen...

One day at the hotel, everyone was fast asleep when something mysterious entered the hotel and headed for the members' suite.

Jin woke up to a soft knock at his door. And a hoot, similar to an owl, came from outside

"Who is it?" Jimin mumbled, still slightly in dreamland.

There wasn't an answer, only another hoot. Suddenly, the door was slowly opening. That got everyone on edge.

"Who's there?! I'm not afraid to throw some punches!" Jungkook leaped out of bed and stood at the door, fists up.

"It's too late for this..." Suga muttered, still half asleep.

In the doorway was a silhouette of a bird. Yes, a human-sized bird

"Um, who are you?" J-Hope asked, "Who are you, sir? Ma'am? Person?"

Silence.

"Wait-"

"You haven't been doing your English lessons," said the figure in a chilling voice.

"Oh shit, it's the Duolingo bird," RM said with fear. "It's real."

"Oh no, are we all gonna die?" V screamed.

"Um, probably."

Everyone proceeded to run before the green bird would force them all into a room and force them to do their lessons.

RM woke up in a cold sweat.

"What the hell was that?" he muttered, rubbing his temples. He looked at the clock, and it was only 10 minutes until he would have to get up. Sighing, he decided to go ahead and get ready now. He reached for his phone and read the first notification.

You've been missing your English lessons!

With a small yelp, RM slammed the phone down.

-----------

Duolingo- Looks like you missed your French lesson!

Me- haha, I'm in danger