Dear Diary, I Met Someone [pt. 1] (woosang, ateez)

wooyoung x yeosang

And strap in, this is a long one, and it's only part 1.

--------------

Dear Diary (8/5),

Tomorrow's the first day of school. I remember in my freshman year when my brother, Yunho, kept trying to scare me about all the hOrROrS of entering high school for the first time, things like getting milk dumped on me while riding the bus or getting the evil cat lady teacher Ms. Chwe or other things like that. But I'm not nervous at all anymore. I've always loved school, so getting to have our good ol' 15-minute break (yes fifteen, a five-minute upgrade from middle and I remember being ecstatic for no absolute reason) every day and all the interesting electives is awesome(ish)! I know I don't write to you often anymore, diary, but as I have stuff going on that's interesting, I think I'll have more to share besides things about my cringey elementary/middle school /early high school self. See you around!

Yours, Wooyoungie :D

*****

Dear Diary (8/12),

I'm writing you back after one week as a junior, and as expected, it was both boring with aLl the orientation shit, but I got good teachers this semester! Meanwhile, Yunho sounded like he's having the time of his life (sarcasm) navigating life in college, hahah. Anyway, all my teachers are nice, as I said. My favorite by far is my Math teacher, Mr. Chwe, aka the son of "miss cat lady" who is actually pretty bad (something about really strict, according to Hongjoong. She's allergic to cats, though.), however, her son is awesome, super chill. The only downside is that I got very, very lost somehow...? I think I have to reboot my muscle memory or something. It was funny, though. I also wish Joong-hyung good luck this year, as a senior's got a ton more to do. College tingz that I don't have to worry about until next year! Wait, next year...

See you, WooWoo

*****

Dear Diary (11/23),

We're moving tomorrow. It came out of the blue when my dad got laid off (see four months ago and that mind dump), but today's the day. We've packed our bags in Pohang and are taking the wonderful trek to Ilsan, where my dad got his new job. Luckily, mom can work remotely, so she's fine. I'm really bummed about all this, though. I'm losing all my friends and can only communicate long-distance. Well, I'm gonna start at a new high school in January. I think it was called Aurora High or something? It's currently November, almost December, so it won't be forever. I'm doing some remote school to make up for the month I'm missing, but we've decided it's better than being thrust in immediately. I don't know if this move will end up being good or bad, but time will tell.

Cheers, Yeosang

"""""

Dear Diary (11/24),

Today's Monday, and I just realized that it's been over three months since my junior yr started! Winter Break is in less than a month, guys (also I've been having too much stuff to remember to write in this lol)! Anyway, when I got home today, my mom told me that we got a new neighbor to the left of us on the other side of the street who was her high school acquaintance! They gave us cookies, homemade choco-chip, and they were quite yummy. Apparently, they're also invited to our annual Christmas party. This year, all the extended fam are out of town, and this new family (they're the Kangs, I think, or the Wangs, I don't remember.) also don't have family nearby, so we're combining, I guess. It'll be fun, and apparently, the Kangs/Wangs have a son that's my age.