A Failed Surprise (yeonjun, txt ; rm, bts)

"WHAT'S UP PARTY PEOPLE!" Jungkook yells, bearing a bag of presents. BTS, minus their leader, walk into the company building, where both they and TXT are about to throw a surprise birthday party for Namjoon and Yeonjun.

"Why are they so loud?" Taehyun mutters to Hueningkai.

The said boy shrugs.

"Are those the presents?" Beomgyu asks, pointing at the items in Jungkook's hands. After getting a nod from Seokjin, Beomgyu claps his hands excitedly.

"This is gonna be fun," he says with a laugh, "All we're waiting on now is Soobin and the cakes."

"And Hoseok-hyung with the balloons," Jimin says.

"The balloons are here!" exclaims Hoseok, his sunny aura radiating the room.

"Awesome! Just place them in the corner over there, please, hyung." Beomgyu gestures to the corner with a table where the cakes are soon to be.

"Uh, guys? We got a problem!" Taehyung suddenly exclaims, looking at his phone, "Joon-hyung is on his way right now, and we don't have cake yet."

"Shit," Taehyun mutters, earning a slap from Beomgyu.

"Language, sir!"

"Sorry."

"Soobin just left the bakery," Hueningkai says, "And it's..."

"Four minutes away. But the dorms are five minutes away," Yoongi says, "He's cutting it close."

"Yeonjun just left!" Taehyun says, "And those dorms are six minutes away."

"I swear to God, there better not be traffic," Beomgyu sighs, "Alright, everyone get ready to hide the minute Soobin-hyung gets-"

"I'm here! I'm here!" Soobin pants, running inside with their two cakes. However, just as he gets into the meeting room, they hear another car door slam, and a second car pull up.

"SHOOT they're here. Put the cake on the table!" Seokjin whispers frantically as everyone scrambles to hide. Soobin quickly puts the cakes on the table and hides as well. Everyone waits in anticipation, until...

"THE CANDLES!" Hueningkai yells just as Yeonjun and Namjoon enter the room.

"HUENINGKAI!"

Everyone begrudgingly exits their hiding spots, their cover blown.

"Well, um, happy birthday guys?" Soobin says awkwardly.

Silence, Then everyone jumps as Namjoon and Yeonjun burst into laughter.

"We already knew about the party, the manager told us!" Namjoon says humorously, while Yeonjun was on the floor laughing.

Everyone soon joins in the laughter.

"Alright, let's light the candles," Seokjin laughs. Everyone calms down and finally celebrates Namjoon and Yeonjun's special day.