Chapter 71: Only A Second

Hey lovess <33

Hope yall are doing okayy. Enjoy this chapter 🤭

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

My lips curl into a smile as me and Silas made our way into the shower after we woke up.

The water runs down our bodies as I soothe the shampoo in his hair, a huge smile on his face that makes my heart melt and my knees buckle as his dimples show up like they always do.

"You're not going to tell me I'm cute?" Silas chuckles, causing my eyebrows to press together in confusion.

"I thought you hated it when I called you cute?" I laugh quietly, cleaning his hair under the warm water.

He sighs, his hands finding my waist as he caresses the skin gently.

"For fuck sake," He mumbles under his breath, brushing his hand through his hair.

"I don't hate it." He murmurs which makes my eyebrows lift up. He says he hated it but he... Doesn't?

Such a weird guy.

"Well, you are cute," I tell him, earning a smile from him.

"Very very cute. And handsome and very gorgeous." I tease him, my mouth slightly dropped open when he turns his head to look away from me.

I cover my mouth with the back of my hand, "Are you blushing?" The words leave in a hurry as I burst into laughter.

"You should be careful with your words," He breathes, a light chuckle escaping from his lips.

"Why should I?" I smirk, pushing a few short strands of his wet hair away from his forehead as he pours shampoo on his hands, inhaling deeply to prevent himself from growing even redder.

He clears his throat as he caresses the shampoo onto my hair, massaging my scalp.

He suddenly looks down and I instantly know why I should be cautious with what I'm saying to him.

Don't look down, Maeve.

"You're telling yourself not to look down, am I right?" He chuckles and my eyes widen.

Is he a freaking mind reader or something?

"No... Yes." I send him an awkward smile, "But I don't need to look down, I can feel it." I whisper and his mouth forms a thin line as he laughs.

Well, I'm not lying. I can literally feel it against my leg.

I move my head under the stream of water while Silas helps me remove the shampoo from my hair.