All That Glitters Is Not Gold (Bakugou Katsuki)

For @LSplaysminecraft

There were times when being a celebrity sucked some serious ass. Like when all he wanted to do was go out and just get some damn coffee. But as soon as he stepped into the cafe and his infamous look was recognized by one person- all hell broke loose.

It hadn't always been this way. At one point he had been a popular underground artist whose fans were respectful and were not trying to cut off locks of his hair to sell online. But that all changed when one of his songs went viral and now he was apparently one of the biggest stars in the world now.

He had always thought that was what he wanted- but as Bakugou angrily looked down at the city streets below, he found himself missing that privacy and freedom to go anywhere at any time without worry. But alas, the life of a celebrity wasn't always glamorous. No, it was fucking annoying most of the time.

A few knocks came on his door and he got up. He looked through the peephole and let out a sign in relief. The door was opened a moment later and the only person who had stuck by him this entire time was once more back with him.

"You missed me this much?" You chuckled and handed him his coffee. "I was only gone for thirty minutes?"

"Thirty minutes too fucking long." Bakugou growled out and noticed your hand as you grabbed your own drink and handed him his.

A ring glistened in the bright lights and he unknowingly grabbed his own hand and felt how bare it was. You both had gotten married when you turned twenty-one and now two years later... only you were always wearing the rings. His producer said it would make him more popular for fans to think he was single and thus he only ever wore his ring at home or when you were around him.

It didn't feel fair... you deserved better than him and his shitty image that the public latched onto. Were you even happy? Always being away from him, not being able to be his wife in public, and even worse... having him pretend like you didn't exist because his producer was an ass who always threatened to ruin his career if he didn't do what every other celebrity did to make it big.

"Are you okay?" Your voice drew him out of his pity party. "You've been really quiet and your coffee is getting cold. That's... unlike you."

He clicked his tongue and looked back out the window. Droplets of rain were starting to cover the glass and the people below scurried for shelter or fumbled around for their umbrellas.

He could tell you were watching him and waiting for him to open up and talk to you. If anyone could understand how he was feeling and help him, it was you... but this was about how shitty he'd been to you and that he felt like he didn't deserve you because of it.

"Katsuki." Your voice was soft and gentle. "You know talking to me is the best way to help you feel better. So... please talk to me?"

He exhaled and turned to look at your worried face. He shook his head and without warning tugged you into a hug. You were stiff for a moment but started to return the hug back when you felt his own hold on your get tighter.

"I feel like such a piece of shit..." He breathed out. "Every since my career took off... all I've done is ignore you or mistreat you and I can't fucking take it anymore!"

You moved around in his hold and he found himself blinking away tears as you forced him to look at you when you put one of your hands on one of his cheeks respectively. Your eyes held emotions in them that were too mixed for him to read, so, he merely closed his eyes to not see them.

"This is all about what that producer has been saying, huh?" You asked and he nodded. "Well... screw him!"

He blinked his eyes back open and was met with a sly smile on your features. The same one that made him fall for you in the first place.

"Your contract... isn't as solid as you or he thinks." You told him and winked. "You're amazing legal expert wife knows a thing or two. So, all her husband has to do is ask to get out of it and she'll help him. And then he can find a better record label and not feel so guilty."

Bakugou blinked at you and then found himself also smirking at you. Fuck... you were one amazing woman. And he was fucking lucky to know you were all his too.

"Really? I can fucking ditch that asshole?"

"Of course! There are a few clauses we can for sure exploit to get you out." You told him and then hugged him again. "And stop beating yourself up. I know you don't like this either. But, even if I'm not your public wife... knowing that I'm still your wife to you- is all I need. So long as you love me, who cares about anything else!"

He rolled his eyes at you but still felt much better now that you had started talking to him. You always had this amazing power to pull him from those terrible thoughts and remind him of how fucking great he is.

"Alright." Bakugou smirked and gave you a devious look. "Let's ditch this asshole in the best fucking way possible and embarass the hell out of him while we do so, right?"

"Of course!" You laughed but paused. "Though... I'd like for us to drink our coffees and catch up. You did just get home from you little weekend concert."

"Ah... right..." He scowled and looked off.

"Bad venue?"

"You have no fucking idea. Some crazy chick tried to rush the stage and got body-slammed by one of the bodyguards."

"I saw that on the news! You looked pretty cool heard though!" You complimented him. "Anyway- let's have our usual catch up and then crash a producing asshole with the knowledge that his rising star is leaving him!"

Bakugou nodded at you. His heart pounded and he found himself smiling when you took him to the couch and knew that things would all turn out fine. His career and his relationship with you.

And it was all thanks to you always supporting him and having his back. He wouldn't have made it this far without you and every day he spent with you only proved that more and more to him.