Maturity (Dabi)

Dabi x Reader

Requested By: JuicyLee

Request: Would you pretty please write a scenario (it's fine if it's just hc though) where Dabi/Touya quits the League of Villains after finding out his wife (the reader) is pregnant? Like maybe this even is like the final straw that makes him reveal who he is to Shouto? Just like how with he any around his pregnant wife in general too? Thank you so much!

If someone had the ability to look at what his life was like as a small child compared to now, it would seem as if the worst possible scenarios befell onto him. And to some extent, Dabi would agree with that statement. He had an abusive father who made his life Hell, he ran away from home, became a villain and on more the one occasion attacks his father, youngest brother, as well as several known heroes and children.

He could be called the worst of the worst... but somehow, but some miracle, someone had seen the small little dusty amount of good that was in him, and managed to make him also become aware of the sins he was committing.

Despite it, he still couldn't find it in himself to make yet another 180-degree change, but instead slowly start to ease away from people, ideas, and groups that he personally... just couldn't see himself being with any longer. Especially with the news that he was to become a father and his recent elopement to you... it meant he had more than his own selfish and hate-fueled desires to begin to look at.

It had been a long process so far, starting with him leaving the League suddenly and nearly losing his life from how they... disagreed with his decision. But, with a new hairstyle, removed piercings and at least trying to take better care of his skin, he could say he felt like he was actually starting to become an adult.

You and he had bought a home now too. It was a small two-bedroom apartment, but he learned it through legal means, something he could only laugh about seeing how years ago he would think people who played by the rules of society were tricking themselves into false happiness.

But the happiness you brought him, was something unexpected and powerful. Something he had to take a long time to get used to and understanding, like genuine love, care, and affections were not things he had ever been exposed to, but now... he couldn't go a day without kissing your temple before he left, and then waiting somewhat eagerly for you to get up onto your tiptoes and place a kiss of your own on both of his cheeks.

The black locks he once used to dye out the natural red color was now gone, bleached into a snow-white, a symbol of his mother who he had started to see once more whenever he could. And thanks to forming his relationship with Rei again... she had been urging him to connect with his younger siblings again.

It had gone well with two of them: Natsuo had actually helped him get a job at his children's clinic as a front desk receptionist. Work Dabi was surprisingly good at, especially with helping little kids afraid of the doctor's feel more comfortable.

Fuyumi was shocked to hear from him, asking too many questions. Many he wasn't ready to answer yet... such as where he had been. But he could only say so much over the phone, and knew that unlike Natsuo who wouldn't judge him too harshly on what he became thanks to their father's pressure... Fuyumi didn't need to be stressed out any more then she was.

So, it was weekly phones calls to catch up with her until he felt ready to finally meet in person.

Which... then left one last sibling.

Shouto, if he was being honest, was the one who terrified him the most when it came to trying to connect with again... and also convince that he was sorry and trying to move on from the name od Dabi and bakc into the name of Touya.

He wasn't Dabi any longer, but he wasn't Todoroki Touya either.

He was actually (Last Name) Touya, wanting your last name to symbolize this better version of him then the two others.

But he wasn't sure how Shouto would take it.

After all... he had done too many shitty things to his brother and friends to think Shouto would see him as anything more then Dabi. Especially since to Shouto... Dabi and Touya were still two separate people.

"What are you thinking so strongly about?" You asked, wrapping your arms around the taller male from where he was standing in front of the mirror, getting ready for his shift at the clinic.

Touya sighed, giving a small chuckle. "Nothing... just wishing my family wasn't so complicated."

You hummed gently, moving away slowly. Touya turned to face you, a sad expression on his face. It was gone a moment later as he glanced towards you and the growing little life inside of you.

"Don't work too hard today." He ruffled your locks a little too roughly.

"I'm already on maternity leave!" You whined, not liking when he did that hair ruffle, and thus you puffed your cheeks out. "Besides... what could I do at home to overwork myself?"

Touya shrugged, grabbing his bag and started heading towards the door. Before he could walk toward it though, you grabbed his arm and stopped him from going. His cerulean eyes looking at you widely as you gave him an energetic smile.

"It's all going to work out, Touya!" You gave him a toothy grin. "I'm sure Shouto will understand if you tell him everything... like you did for Natsuo, Fuyumi, and me."

He chuckled. "Might be hard with a brother who's a pro-hero now..."

"True but...." You inhaled slowly, unsure of your next words. "But... Shouto grew up with him too... even if he doesn't understand how you became Dabi... he at least will understand why you had to leave. Anyone would."

Touya nodded to you slowly, his chest pounding a little bit at your words of support. Gently ruffling your locks once more, despite your protests he started his new day, a better emotion in his chest then moment before.

After all, with someone as supportive as you willing to love him unconditionally... maybe someone who had done so many horrible things as he... could actually find new meaning and love for living again.