Stay Pt. 2 (Bakugou Katsuki)

Bakugou Katsuki:

The next morning was strange... despite the bed feeling warm and having him still laying next to you throughout the night... you felt cold. Your tears had stained your face and your hands were still firm on his sweatshirt.

You had assumed that after a night's sleep all the problems of your fight would magically be gone, but it wasn't. You still felt broken on the inside, despite the fact that he came back, despite the fact that he kinda sorta apologized, despite the fact that you didn't want to say goodbye.

But it still hurt. Your chest hurt a lot.

"Hey." His groggy voice called out to you.

You could feel him sitting up and moving closer to you. He kissed your neck, the feeling not sticking right like it had before. He paused when he felt your tense arms, and decided that he was instead going to wrap his arms around you.

"Wanna talk...about what happened?" He asked you uncertainly.

Katsuki was never one to try and talk like a normal adult in a serious relationship should. And as a result, all these little ticks gathered up over time and came undone in a huge fight, like they did last night.

"Why does it feel so much worse this morning?" You asked him, still refusing to meet his eyes, knowing that the moment he locked eyes with you, you'd break down again.

And you were in no mood to cry in front of him this morning. You had done plenty of that yesterday.

"I know... maybe cause we slept on it."

"You left. You yelled at me, called me so many terrible things and just left. You made me think you weren't coming back."

"I know... and to risk causing another fight... it's not like you were a perfect fucking angel last night either."

"I know the things I said... I just got so heated. I was looking forward to seeing you and when your first words to me were "Do you ever fucking shut you, you annoying brat"... that hurt. You know damn well how that would affect me."

"I was fucking mad. And I took it out on you. I shouldn't have done that."

You turned, actually looking at him now. It was no use now to hide them after all.

Bakugou turned to stone when his red orbs met your own, trails of clear liquid cascading like streams down your cheeks. He snapped his head down, shutting his mouth and instead pushing you into his bare torso. He held you protectively, but loosely, knowing he wanted to give you a way to break free of him if you didn't want his attempt at a hug.

"I'm so sick of crying... I'm more sick of spending my entire day worrying about you though! Every day you leave this apartment I worry that you won't come back. And last night... it wasn't a villain or a disaster that took you from me Katsuki... it was you."

He didn't speak but continued to hold you. What the hell was he supposed to say to this? Not to worry, nothing could kill him? That he would always come home to you? Hell... he was never an optimistic person, but he needed to tell you something...

"I know I'm not the most delightful person to be dating... but I love you so damn much..."

"I worry about you too, dumbass." He finally answered your pleas. "I worry that I'm gone too much. That you're not happy waiting around for me. That you'd rather be with someone who treats you fucking better... and I realized last night... that you're the only damn person in this world I want."

"Then why did you leave in the first place?"

"Cause I was too stupid to realize it before I left. I was arrogant and pissed off and that resulted in me pissing you off and thinking you'd be better without me. So I left... and I fucking regretted it.

I thought you'd be gone when I got back. Thought I'd have to get over you, but knew I never would. You're the only fucking person in this damn world for me (Name)... and I've decided that you're gonna be stuck with me."

"God, use some better word choice... Please." You laughed for the first time in what felt like forever.

"I'm saying that if you want to stay and continue with me... that I won't leave again. I'll be here with you and will make sure you know how dedicated to you I am. Is that fucking better?"

"Much."

"Thank fucking God."

"Katsuki?"

"What now?"

"I love you... I love you so much."

He sighed, touching your foreheads together, his warm hands gliding across your wet cheeks, making them dry.

"I know... and I love you too... so damn much."