Lost in the Rain (Shinsou Hitoshi)

Shinsou Hitoshi:

The rain harshly hit your face as your continued your way through the downpour. You didn't care where you were going... you didn't care who saw you in this state. All you knew right now was that you needed to get away from it all. From the yelling, the nasty looks, the harsh whispers.

Thoughts of your home filled your mind as you continued to make your way down the street. Your hands moving up and down your arm to away the rain and provide some warmth, but it was fruitless. The rain was now part of you, wiping away the other liquid that had been leaking from your eyes since you had bolted out the front door.

You paused a moment, trying to erase the words of your mother, the disappointment in your father's eyes and the way you felt as if they'd be better off if you had never come around... or been a better daughter. Your lips trembled and you sucked back a harsh breath, trying to calm your mind but failing like any other thought and coping mechanism.

You fell to your knees in the middle of the street, not caring as people who were too busy to spare you a side glance passed by you and talked harshly amongst themselves. A few times one of their knees would strike you, making pain resonate through your form. It didn't hit you though... or at least did not compare to the emotional turmoil boiling inside of you.

Slowly, the rain stopped getting poured down on you, making you turn to see a figure above you. Soft droplets fell from his hair as he began to get soaked from the rain, offering his umbrella to you now instead. His tired purple eyes seeming to hold a look of pity and protectiveness that he had always shown you.

"Are you okay?" Shinsou spoke, kneeling down to your level.

He hadn't expected to see you here, in fact for all he had known until you had run past his figure moments before, you were at home with your parents. And he knew the damage that did to his girlfriend... he knew the state it left her in. Just like the one she was currently experiencing.

"Come on, (Name)." His calm voice coaxed you upwards. "You can stay with me the rest of the break. My parents won't mind... and we'd love to have you."

Your face was buried into his warm sweater as he helped you up and to move away from the place that you had collapsed onto. His now wet hair tickling your stained cheeks. You sniffled harshly. Trying to hide the hurt, but Shinsou knew you better then you knew yourself.

"Oh, Hitoshi..." You muttered, looking and speaking towards him for the first time since he had arrived at your side. "I-I'm so-"

"You don't have to say anything." He interrupted you. "The only thing you have to do right now is take my hand and let me take your somewhere more warm and dry."

You nodded slowly, beginning to move once more with the flow of people. Your footsteps and his beginning to fall in line once more. You paused a moment, making your boyfriend do the same.

Your eyes were still full of tears, but you dared to give him a relieved smile, one that seemed to tell him everything he needed to know and also not have to have a single word spoke. Shinsou nodded, squeezing your hand softly, leaning downwards.

His lips captured yours softly, people flowing by both of you as you lip locked each other. His hand caressing your face and your hands gripping his warm and soft sweater like it was your only lifeline now.

And in a way it was true... and from the warmth that his kiss seemed to provide, the rain no longer felt cold and harsh. No... when Shinsou was around, he made you feel so warm and alive.

And thus... the rain became a something much cooler and relieving in exchange for the boy who gave you all the comfort you'd ever need. And the one more, hand in hand, the both of you walked under the umbrella, soaked to the bone, but warm.