Merch Part 2 (Bakugou Katsuki)

Bakugou Katsuki x Reader

Requested by: Grace18

Request: "The second part of Merch that deals with Katsuki somehow learning (maybe by overhearing her talk with someone or something along those lines) that she's aware of his alter ego and would mess with her instead?"

A week had passed by since the incident at your apartment, and after various scenarios of how exactly he was going to tell you about his heroic alter ego, Bakugou had finally decided on one. It was simple: take you to a nearby cafe you liked, order you your favorite, tell you your crush on Ground Zero was a reality since he was Ground Zero, convince you he wasn't teasing you, and then watch as you freaked out and fawned over him.

And so, as the pair of you entered the cafe he could see that it shouldn't go off the rails. The cafe wasn't too crowded and you were in a good mood. After all, being invited out by your boyfriend was nice, thus you had no complaints.

Your favorite booth was open, the location looking out among the street and near the back of the shop. A few paces away behind a built-in wall was where the restrooms and back entrance were. Bakugou smirked a few memories of coming in that way when a few of the more gung-ho paparazzi had attempted to follow him on his dates.

He had made a promise from the beginning when he started dating you to keep work out of his relationship. At first, it was because he wanted nothing to do with having to deal with rumors and press, but now in hindsight... it was clear that this idea was what led to you having no idea that Bakugou Katsuki and Ground Zero were one in the same. But not for long... today was the day he was finally going to let you into his hero life a bit more!

The two of you were seated and after the waitress stuttering through the specials and what you'd both like she finally went to gather the ingredients. Bakugou cleared this throat, catching your attention as he did so. Your eyes wandering away from the window and looking at him with a smile.

He could feel his cheeks heating up slightly at your expression, what some more in touch with their feelings people would dare call... cute. Instead, it resulted in him bumping his hand onto the glass of water the waitress had brought him moments before, spilling it all over the table and some starting to leak onto his pants.

"Oh no, Katsuki!" You cried, throwing him several napkins from across the table. "Are you okay?"

He glared in your direction, though it didn't affect you much. You knew him well enough by this point to know he was more angry at himself and his actions then you. And as a result, had accidentally sent you a death glare meant more for himself than anyone.

The ash blonde rose from his seat, a few strands of water dripping from his pants. Thus far the water had not caused any suspicious stains, and the male wanted it to stay that way. Thus, it meant he'd need more than just a few napkins to dry his pants.

"I'll be right back... gonna go and dry them off in the restroom." He clicked his tongue, knowing that the paper towels in there might work better than some soggy napkins.

You nodded to him as he strode away, looking once more out the window as he left. He was only gone for about five minutes, having decided his pants were drying enough. It helped at times to have a quirk that warmed up your hands, made drying things easier as long as he kept his cool.

As he came out of the restroom, he could hear the familiar sounds of your voice talking to someone. The waitress's voice answered back, letting him know that the tea and pasties you both had ordered had arrived now.

"I-if you don't mind me asking... when he gets back could I take a picture with him?" The waitress shyly asked, making him freeze in place.

Shit... this was not how you were supposed to find out. Not from some fangirl of a waitress! It was supposed to be from him!

"Hmm, Katsuki?" You spoke with a questioning tone. Then the sounds of you snapping your fingers was heard. "Oh yes, that's right. I always forget he's Ground Zero."

If he hadn't already been frozen before, then he certainly was now. You knew? Since when?! And for how long?!

"Ah thank you so much! I can't believe the Ground Zero comes here!" She cooed. "He's my favorite hero! I think he's just so cool! I actually just bought his limited edition mug that changes colors depending on the temperature of the liquid!"

"I have that one too." You spoke back, a bounce in your voice.

"Oh wow! I bet you get all his merch for free! The perks of being his girlfriend, huh?"

You laughed, voice getting that much more silent. And if Katsuki wasn't standing nearly behind you, a wall blocking him from your sight... he wouldn't have been able to hear you.

"Wanna know a secret?" You giggled, the sounds of the waitress nodding her head furiously picked up by the ash blonde's ears. "He actually hasn't officially told me he's Ground Zero... let alone that he works as a hero. So I've been pulling his leg the last few months by making him think I'm so crazed fan."

"Wah! So cruel!" The waitress spoke with excitement. "What's going to happen when he finds out?"

You chuckled again. "Well best case scenario... he won't kill me."

"You two sound like you have a lot of fun together." She spoke, then noticed her manager waving for her to pick up another order. "Oh, that's right I'm at work... I'll come to check in a bit later. Enjoy your food and drinks!"

You nodded back to her, seeing as Katsuki had finally come back from his drying adventure at this point. He didn't say a word as he sat down and looked at the black coffee he ordered.

You stared at him, wondering what exactly was going on with him. He seemed so nervous a few minutes ago. You let it slide though, momentarily distracted as a notification lit up on your phone. The food in your mouth almost dropping out as the words clung to your heart, and you looked up at your boyfriend.

He was twiddling with something in his pocket, avoiding eye contact with you. Face flushed red and lip being bitten into just enough for you to tell he was nervous.

"K-Katsuki...?" You muttered, cursing yourself for how you stuttered.

He looked back at you, taking in a deep breath and looking at you with a stern and determined face.

"(Name)... I need to ask you something. Something important."

You felt as if you were going to have a heart attack, and the shocked and nervous look on your face was what he was hoping to get. After all... if you were going to drive him around in circles for a simple little tease... then he could as well.

And knowing how you had notifications on for all his hero's social media accounts... he knew this would get your attention, as well as his own little act. All he had to do was play it for a little longer.

He looked off to the side, pretending to be having a hard time saying his next words. In reality, though, it gave him a good look at your phone. And as he expected, news outlets were blowing up with the news already.

He'd have to apologize later for the scare... but he wasn't exactly the type to sit and let someone tease him for so long without him getting back at them. And for the slightly cruel trick you played on him, it was your turn to face something similar.

Your phone was going nuts and he knew his own was as well... family and friends for sure messaging him about his sudden status change. But then again... it wasn't every day you got engaged.

He could only hope that after he dropped the act and you both dated a bit longer, this time without any more secrets... he'd eventually ask you the question for real in the future. Until then... you get ingest as much of your own medicine as you liked.