Arranged (Todoroki Shouto)

Todoroki Shouto:

4 Years Old~

"She'll be your wife one day, Shouto."

The statement at the time was something that had gone over his head, the situation not fully being grasped by a 4 year old at the time. Shouto could only hide behind his mother's leg and look at the strange child that was doing the same action to her own mother.

"And you're sure your child has both your quirks." His father pressed the older man. "I don't want my Shouto to be associated with such a weak girl when he gets older."

"I was thinking the same about your son... while his appearance looks to have it.... You did claim his quirk only manifested a month or so ago."

"I can assure you that Shouto is the real deal. Now please enlighten me about your child..." Endeavor coldly threatened.

"Yes. She is such as special as your son. I'm sure they'll both create wonderful children when they get older. Shall we signed the paperwork?"

6 Years Old~

"Shouto-sama... what happened?" You asked your betrothed.

The boy gritted his teeth and gripped the bandage around his eye. He didn't answer, but you knew that it must be something bad. You came forward and reached out to touch his hand, wanting to help him.

The moment you touched his hand, he smacked yours away and glared at you. He came forward and pushed you onto the floor in the playroom, looking as if you had been the one to cause him harm.

"Don't touch me! You're just some girl my dad got me! I don't want anything from him!" He yelled at you.

You watched as he walked out and left you alone. You wiped your tears away and held your chest. Why was it so hard to breath when he acted like this towards you, did you do something wrong?

9 Years Old~

"Why are you so nice to me?" He had suddenly asked you one day.

You had come over with your father and were told to go see your future husband while your fathers discussed business. You had found him in the garden and took a seat next to him, watching the birds chirp and cicadas cry.

"What do you mean?" You asked, your voice low and worried. You knew he was less than happy about your presence, so the less contact the better.

"What I mean is that you still put up with this arranged marriage, even though I look like this..." He trained off, both of you knowing full well what he was talking about.

"Looks are not a big deal to me."

"Even so, who would want to be married to a monster. My own mother didn't love me..."

"Shou-"

"It'd be better if you stopped coming over." He spoke and got up, no longer wanting to be around you. You were just a present, a toy, a tool his father wanted him to use, therefore you were of no interest to him.

12 Years Old~

"You're father's training you for High School already?" You had spoken to him, trying to form some sort of passing conversation.

"He wants me to get into UA... the bastard's really driving me insane..."

It had been a while since the last time he was willing to talk to you. As time went on, he would refuse to see you more and more. The only reason he was sitting with you in the parlor right now was because his father had forced him to talk to you.

Said father and yours were discussing your high school plans with the other.

The both of you were maturing more and more now, your child forms now changing into adult ones. Shouto's face had become more handsome, even the scare seemed to add to his own charm.

Your hair had started getting shinier and your face was thinning out. Your quirk had also began to calm down, the healing and water quirks obtained from your parents finally starting to come under your control.

"It's hard to breath at times..." You suddenly said and noticed as he glanced at you. Your face was staring at the tea cup, the liquid inside being more interesting than anything else in the world at that moment.

"...will... will it always be like this between us, Shouto-sama?" You whispered and then suddenly dropped the tea cup. It shattered upon impact on the ground and you covered your face to muffle your tears.

He didn't know what to say or do, so he just allowed you to keep crying in front of him.

15 Years Old~

"Shouto!" Her voice entered his ears as he was walking home from the Sports Festival.

He turned to look at her when suddenly he felt her body connecting with his. He steadied himself and her, trying his best to not fall over from the force she had struck him with. She wrapped her arms tightly around him, and he sighed.

"What's gotten you so worked up?" He asked her, not sure how to emotionally react after the day he had.

"A-are you okay? I was so worried..." She cried into his clothes, brushing her face against his chest.

"Why would I not be?"

"Don't play dumb with me! I know you!" She shouted at him pulled away, her hands still holding the fabric he was in down. "I- I know you... I know you would rather hold it all in and pretend everything is fine."

"(Name)..." He breathed and watched as she looked down further and then suddenly collapsed to her knees. He lowered himself to the ground with her and finally returned the hug.

"I'm sorry... it wasn't right of me."

"What are you talking about?" She mumbled, her eyes widening at his sudden touch and calm demeanor, something he had never showed her before.

"I always thought you were another thing to hate because my father had forced you upon me like everything else... but I never realized that you were in the same situation as me.

You didn't choose me, nor did I choose you... but here we both are."

"Shouto." You softly pushed him away and he glanced down at you. "You really are dense sometimes..."

She leaned forward and pressed a kiss on his cold side, the moved toward his hot side and repeated the action. The boy's cheeks heated up as you rested your forehead against his.

"I may have not had the chance to choose you at birth... but right now if I was told I could break off our marriage I would say no. Because I choose you... and I just hope one day... that one day you'll choose me."