{Soulmate AU} Opia P.2 (Todoroki Shouto)

The two bubble teas sat across from each other at the small round table in the cafe. A set of plastic bags of various dull colors were leaning against the chairs their buyers were in. A woman sat on the left, idly twirling her newly bought tea, attempting to think of something to say. Across from her sat a man, his face dull and almost emotionless looking.

"S-So your name's Todoroki Shouto." The woman began, attempting to make conversation.

The man across from her nodded, tugging up his own drink to his lips and taking a nice long sip. He placed it back down, some of the condensation on his fingers freezing on one hand or steaming off on the other. He was a bit nervous.

"Yes. And you're (Full Name)." He repeated the name he would soon get used to saying or thinking of frequently.

You nodded shyly and then cleared the air with an awkward laugh. Todoroki glanced at you, feeling a smile shy smile of his own creep onto his features. You were rather cute, weren't you?

"I'm sorry." You continued giggling a bit more. "I'm not really sure what to do or say. They tell you all about what will happen when you meet your soulmate... but not what to say when you do."

"I completely understand. It's rather awkward, isn't it? We're two complete strangers, yet fate has brought us together as something more."

"Yeah..." You hummed, lifting up the red string still connecting the two of you together.

It had slowly started fading since you had met, the ever-present flowers starting to drop their petals and the string once again becoming invisible. It had done its job and now was no longer needed as your fated lover and yourself got to know one another.

Within the hour it would be gone and the two of you could walk off without tugging the other with you. So in the meantime, Todoroki had suggested taking a seat in the bubble tea shop and getting to talking.

And thus here you both were, sitting and attempting to make conversation. And as it appeared, small talk was neither of your best hands, yet talking about something more interesting or at least not trivial got you both yammering on.

"So, what's your quirk?" You asked, glancing once again at his unusual appearance.

It was like he was two people at once: one side with snow-white hair and a silver eye, this side protecting a coldness towards you. The other with fiery red hair and an ocean blue eye. This side was protecting an comfortable heat. As well as that scar on his left side as well.

"Half-Cold, Half-Hot." He mumbled on. "My left side can produce fire, while my right side creates ice."

"So that's why your sides give off such different temperatures!" You snapped your fingers, smiling widely at him.

"I-I'm what?" Todoroki checked himself, and sure enough, he was.

He quickly calmed himself down enough to not make it noticeable to the people around him that he was either making them shiver or sweat. He hadn't even realized he was doing it either... the girl in front of him had just captured his attention so much... that he was started to become flushed and nervous.

"How about you?" He asked, once his voice would be steady enough to speak again.

"My quirk? Well, it's not as cool as yours, that's for sure." You laughed. "I can read and speak any language at first glance."

"Really? That's impressive."

"Not really, it's kinda boring compared to all the people who could become a hero with their quirks."