Talk To Me (Bakugou Katsuki)

Bakugou Katsuki x Reader

Requested By: Dancingsince2004

Request: Bakugou x reader (whatever quirk you'd like 😊) in the dorms as first years. They're only friends and she's sassy/clever and lives to annoy him to watch him explode while trying to get her back. So after they each finish unpacking, she knocks on his door to try and annoy him only to find him silently brooding/fuming due to the Kamino incident. She doesn't realize and mistakes it for the perfect opportunity only for him to lash out at her which leads to fluff/spilling of emotions and whatnot. I love your writing/the way you write so I'm sure I'll love wherever you take it should you decide to make mine! Thank you so much for the opportunity to make a request! I can't wait for the next chapter!😊😍

He had been awfully quiet today, seeing as the usual controlling emotion of the ash-blonde was loud anger... so seeing him silent brooding the entire day and even at one point trying to cheer everyone up... was certainly a 180 of his usual personality. What happened to the usual Bakugou that would not learn your name because he was too good for that?

Apparently, he wasn't here because this sort of considerate and caring version of him now was... or maybe he had finally just started to realize how kind, considerate, and supportive his classmates were. You didn't know for sure... but one thing you did know was that you had a habit of pushing buttons when you were curious about things... and BAkugou always gave you the best reactions when you tried to find out things about him, despite him not wanting anything to do with you.

So as the day of unpacking into Heights Alliance started to calm down, mostly everyone downstairs making all sorts of noise and laughter at some competition they were throwing, you decided to sneak up towards the fourth floor and visit the boy's side.

You were happy that the doors were labeled, as it was fine to find his door. It was cracked open a little bit, and so, you took it as an invitation to barge in. Flinging the door open, you could tell you spooked the ash-blonde inside.

He turned towards you with a mad gaze, seeing your figure. His stance was defensive as well, looking to be ready to throw hands if he so needed to. You paused a moment, seeing as this was unusual, even for him.

Sure he was always ready for battle... but right now, when he dressed in what you could only assume to be his sleepwear, he looked... cornered. Like a weak animal that was facing a powerful predator that the prey had assumed it had lost, only to be proven wrong.

"What's with that face?" You asked, raising a brow as he recognized you and carried on with his bedtime preparations.

"Nothing... the hell do you want!?" He barked out.

You tiptoed towards him, just making the best of your time in here. Not noticing how his tone had gone from quiet and pushing the subject off to defensive and loud on purpose. So in your own thoughts of what you were seeing to be Bakugou's choice in decorating, you failed to see Bakugou and how he was doing since his entire... ordeal.

"It's very you in here!" You beamed, pointing to a few items. "Oh! You should come and do the room king competition!"

You smirked, putting a hand on your hip as you waved the other one around. "I mean... I don't think you'll win... but we'll all for sure enjoy seeing how you are exactly what people assume you are!"

You giggled a little bit, once more not noticing how your actions had a much heavier weight on them than just the light airy chuckles you were admitting. Your laughter dying down right away when Bakugou reached out and grabbed your wrist.

"Get the hell out..." He demanded, starting to shove you towards the door. "I don't need to hear any of this fucking shit... FROM YOU!"

You planted your feet onto the ground, making it hard for Bakugou to move you. Your quirk allowing you to change the friction on objects making it easy, or in this case, hard for people to move things.

Bakugou eventually gave up, seeing as it was hard to move you when you were using your quirk. Instead, he stormed off, wanting some space. But more than anything... he wanted the room to himself again.

He wasn't in the best mood, and he certainly didn't want to cue this annoying classmate of his onto that fact. But like most cases, when you found yourself rather curious as to what was happening... you pushed yourself to know.

"Are you... okay?" You asked, words seeming to tread a little lighter now.

"Why the hell would I be when you make asshole comments like that, moron?!" He snapped back, and you gave him a slightly hurt look.

"Bakugou... I don't know what you thought I was trying to say... but I was only trying to say that I think everyone would find it fitting for your room to be ninety percent black." You awkwardly rubbed your arm. "Can I ask what you thought I meant it as?"

"Are you stupid?!" He screamed, standing up from where he was sitting on his bed and swinging his arm as if he was slicing the air. "What people assume I am?! You say fucking that after I was kidnapped and tried to be convinced to be a villain! Cause of that exact fucking reason!"

Your parted lips closed slowly, and you looked down at your feet. You could see why he was so upset, especially since... it hadn't even been that long after the ordeal. But despite how now you felt incredibly shitty, some part of you urged yourself to speak to him again, and ignore the feeling os possibly messing up again.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean for my words to mean that. But... if it matters at all, I think you're the most heroic person here."

He scoffed. "Sure... fucking tell me now to make me feel better."

You shook your head, knowing he was watching you and listening... his ego wanting to be stroked once more.

"I'm serious!" You started. "The only thing I can call someone who literally spat in the face of villains trying to convert him, but didn't because of his own ideals and morals! That's a hero to me, Bakugou!"

You quieted down slowly. "That's why... I've always seen you as a hero. I'm sorry for what I said... I didn't mean it as such."

He nodded slowly. "Yeah... assholes tried to do all sorts of brainwashing to me with their shitty words..."

You smiled gently. "Tell me how stupid they were then."

Bakugou smirked slightly, a part of you thinking this might be the first time he had the chance to openly talk about this. And... as always, you were curious to know. So, as he sat back down on his bed, starting to get into his story, you found yourself on his desk chair, wanting to know all about it.

The two of you spent a long time after that just talking to one another. It wasn't complicated or important... but just trying to understand one another. Even as the others wandered by to look at Kirishima and Shoji's room, neither of you noticed, much too consumed into one another and what you both were saying to hear the calls or yells.

But by the time you did head back to your own room, Bakugou could at least admit... that some part of him did feel a little bit better.