Why Are You So Jealous? (Todoroki Shouto)

Todoroki Shouto:

Writing Prompt 8- Why Are You So Jealous?

He had been watching you compliment Midoriya for the past 10 minutes. The way you pressed your hand to his shoulder, making the green haired boy's face brighten into shades of red. The way you complimented his team's usage of Uraraka's quirk & Hatsume's inventions, and Izuku saying it was nothing.

He didn't understand why you were not telling him that. He took that headband off Izuku right? He made the best possible team right? He even stopped himself from using his flames right?

So... why was he not getting the attention you were giving Midoriya? Was it because you could also sense this weird relationship he had with All Might? Did you admire Midoriya for his battle ready mind and tactics?

Well even if the cases were different he and Midoriya were similar in these aspects... He was the son of the second greatest hero (though he hated to admit it...) and he was cunning and brilliant in battle too! He took down multiple enemies by himself during the USJ incident and even saved All Might at one point!

So why did you not shower him with attention like you did Midoriya?

Todoroki silently broke his unseen glare away and moved towards where he would relax for a bit before his first fight against Sero. He didn't need to practice or train right now, what he needed was to get these worthless emotions out of his head.

He was sitting outside the stadium by himself, trying to calm down... but it was not helping. He could feel his father's words getting to him as well as the thought of you being with... someone that was not him.

He had never been the jealous type of guy, but for some reason the thought of you liking or even complimenting another guy or girl really made him work harder to suppress the flames that wanted to burst from one half of his body.

Soon enough he was fighting Sero and soon enough the fight was over. He cursed himself for going over so much, his poor classmates looking terrified as Todoroki attempted to dig him out of the ice he had encased Sero in.

He happened to glance toward the stands where his class was sitting and his heart froze on the sight. You looked at him and what he had done with such a scared and concerned expression.

Todoroki internally sighed and shook his head, finally freeing Sero from the ice. He trailed his eyes away from you, no longer wanting to feel the sadness and guilt for scaring you so much.

This jealousy was not helping his case and his latest actions might have just ruined it for him. He had never said it out loud, but internally, the boy knew of his feelings for you. But saying them or getting close to the person you held dear was difficult and scary, especially for Todoroki.

Time once again passed by fairly quickly and sudden he was the one left still standing in the ring after his fight with Midoriya. The opponent in question was knocked out, several bones fractures beyond reasonable doubt.

He meanwhile was standing with the only damage to him being a few minor scrapes and bruises as well as half of his uniform torn off thanks to his flames.

He ignored his father, he idly listened to Recovery Girl and then mindlessly changed his charred uniform into a clean one. He wasn't sure where his emotions were, but they definitely were not staying in one place.

He opened the door from the boy's changing room and glanced down the hallway. He spotted a familiar display of (Hair color) hair and the owner looked up at the sound of the door opening. (Name)'s eyes widened and then shut in relief when they saw the second strongest's son was unharmed.

"What are you doing here? I thought you'd be with Midoriya." He asked you, his bland tone hiding the hurt he felt that you liked Midoriya over him, though he could understand why now.

You shook your head and got up from where you had been sitting. "Uraraka-chan and Iida-san went to go check on him as well as some others. I wanted to make sure you were okay though."

"Why? I thought you and Midoriya were close?"

"Huh?" You blinked and shook your head. "He's a nice guy and a smart hero, but I only hang out around him cause he lacks confidence in himself a lot."

"He's plenty capable... look what happened between us..." Todoroki spoke and started moving past you, the usual cold front reemerging.

"Todoroki-san!" You cried and touched his hot side, making him stop in his tracks and turn to look back at you. "I-I'm sorry."

He blinked and stopped his attempts to pull away from you. "What are you sorry about? You've done nothing wrong."

"No I have... I'm always there for Midoriya because I thought he was fragile and broken... but I was wrong. I thought you were the cool and confident one who didn't need me around to cheer you up and praise you... but that's not true, is it?"

He blinked and then suddenly without warning pulled you into a hug. You blinked from the sudden contact and then wrapped your arms back around him. He was frozen in place by his and your actions.

Why did he just suddenly do that? Why did you feel so right in his arms? Why did you stay and not push away?

"We all hurt Todoroki-san... but letting someone in is not always a bad thing. I'm sorry for not seeing it before... so if you ever need me." You pulled away from him gently and then smiled at him. "Then I'll be here for you, no matter what!"

He nodded slowly and then cast his head down. He felt his chest bubble up softly, but the emotional pain still swelling up. He was nowhere need ready for what his love sick side wanted, as his ice and fire side were still at war.

A dying down war. But still an active one for right now at least.

And until he could accept both sums of himself, he would not allow it be drag down on you. Therefore this petty jealousy would be ignored and resisted as best he could until he was able to be the person he wanted to be for you.

And he just hoped that person would be here for you soon, just like you would be for him from this moment on.