Maid Cafe (Shinsou Hitoshi)

Shinsou Hitoshi:

Word had spread pretty quickly about the new cafe in town: a maid cafe that had a special themed day every Friday. And this theme was not just any theme, but one that would and always did bring in customers: animal girl day.

The idea was simple, have the employees wear a set of animal ears and a matching tail to a certain animal on Friday and sure enough, all the anime obsessed, socially awkward and slightly lovestruck boys and some girls would come in.

It was amazing what people would do just to see one of their fantasies come true, even more so if it involved a cute waitress in fluffy ears asking for your order and calling you 'Master'. The reviews had also shared that the food and service were good as well luckily, as who wanted to waste money on bad food and service.

Either way or for whatever reason, Shinsou had decided to try this place out himself after school that day. So with his latest allowance and some extra cash from his own part-time job, he made his way inside and was taken to a table.

The place seemed to have a calm tone, the patrons and cute animal girls getting along and there was little to no creepy vibe that sometimes a cafe like this got. In fact, it seemed as if there was a zero tolerance policy if someone attempted to harass an employee. A good precaution in Shinsou's eyes and one that he believed no doubt made the girls feel safer.

"Shinsou-kun?"

He turned his head away from the cute pink menu, looking at his waitress who had actually known his name. His violet hues locked onto a girl in a pink maid's outfit, a pair of soft white cat ears perking up from her head.

"(Name)-san... is that you?" Shinsou blinked, trying to decide if this was really the girl who sat two seats down form him in class.

(Name) blushed softly, using an empty serving tray to hide her more than usually exposed breasts. She giggled and cast her head away, making Shinsou realize that she must work here and had not expected one of her classmates, let alone a male classmate to wander in here during her shift.

"Well, this is embarrassing..." She mumbled.

"I had no idea you worked here... and as a cat." Shinsou snickered, not trying to be rude, but this entire situation had become rather humorous.

"(Name)-san!" Your boss yelled from behind one of the kitchen windows. "Hurry up and take our master's order."

"Y-yes!" You bowed to Shinsou. "What may I get for you Master, meow?"

Shinsou laughed, trying to hide the blush covering his face. Never in all his wildest dreams or fantasies did a situation like this pop-up. He had been growing this inkling of affection towards you since the start of this year, but what had he done to deserve a gift this good.

"Oh hush! I have to follow protocol!" You whispered to him, red cheeks the color of a flare. "Now what shall I do for you master. I am at your service, nya."

"How about you start me with some tea and a pastry. Both are your choice, I have a feeling you knew what's the best here."

"I'll go in search of your requests right now sir. Please don't be afraid to call me if you wish so." You bowed and walked away.

Shinsou watched as you went, a small innocent smile on his tired features. It wasn't long until you returned with the items he had asked for. You placed a red velvet cupcake with the fluffiest cream cheese frosting down and then an accompanying teacup and its pot.

"Shall I pour your tea, sir?" You asked.

"If you'd like."

"It would be my pleasure." You smiled and poured Shinsou his cup. "Today's tea is jasmine tea. I do hope you enjoy what I've selected for you, if not-"

Your eye twitched and Shinsou paused a moment, teacup in hand. Were you okay, what were you supposed to say to him that made you suddenly freeze up like that... he could only assume it was something that the usual perverts went crazy for.

"You don't have to say it. I appreciate the service you've given me (Name)-san." Shinsou excused you.

You bowed to him, relief washing over your features that he wasn't going to tease or make you say some of the more embarrassing lines.

"Thank you so much, Shinsou-kun."

After that, Shinsou ate his small snack in peace, only looking up and speaking if you or another staff member asked him how he was doing. He, of course, was very enjoying his sweets and the tea was steeped perfectly.

By the time he had left, he even told your manager how much he enjoyed your service, which you greatly appreciated. And just like that, he was gone. Your boss asked you to clear his table so another customer would be seated there.

You nodded and did just that. And as you were cleaning up the minimal mess that had been made, you noticed that on the recipe, a set of numbers was written.

'Call me sometime Kitty~ XXX-XXX-XXXX - Shinsou'

You tucked the note into your pocket, making sure to do exactly that when you got off work today. After all, Shinsou was more than just the perfect customer to you.