Abrasive (Bakugou Katsuki)

Bakugou Katsuki:

Your mother had always said that you always tried to love things that would never love you back: stray animals, inanimate objects, and your father. And while you had always assumed growing up that you just had enough love to spread to people who needed it the most- the cruelty of the world was ever ready to remind you of the truth.

And that truth being that people like yourself who were so willy at throwing your affections at people who would for sure end up breaking you, in the end, was a fate written in the darkest blackest ink against your heart. And yet, you denied your own past experiences with the idea of maybe one day, the chain would be broken.

The idea of the object of your current affections somehow returning the hug you so desperately needed was always the thing you clung to. And in the end, you'd end up bitten scratched, ignored or screamed at by people.

And it turns out your recent endeavor had left you shambles. But this one was much worse than the ones before, because this time... your heart was not broken, but rather disintegrating.

"Seriously? She's a fucking way too much..."

His words stung. The idea of him never liking you as much as you liked him was one thing, but to find out that he, in fact, didn't even like you as a peer was enough to finally eradicate the thinning string on your hope. This stupid emotion called love wasn't as romantic as so many childhood tales had promised.

It couldn't break curses, drive the hero to surpass great odds or even save a soul from despair. Instead, it brought heartache and aggressive thoughts. It brought embarrassment and regret. It brought the opposite of what it was supposed to bring.

Love was a lie.

And you were a fool to hang onto its false strings as long as you did.

~~~~~

Truthfully, when Kaminari had spoken up about his intention to ask her out, the ash blonde felt his stomach drop. The mere idea of that cheap knock-off Pikachu spending time with her in more than just a romantic sense... it was sickening.

He wasn't sure when these feelings started or when he finally brightened up enough to actually realize that the reason his chest pumped hard and his stomach flipped wasn't because he was sick.

Bakugou spoke without thinking, his own selfish emotions towards his classmate being careless. He wasn't sure what his intention to Kaminari was, but for whatever reason, his heart decided to let his brain take on the approach of turning Kaminari off to the thought of (Name).

A decision that would soon become a mistake.

Bakugou didn't lie too often, but for whatever reason, he decided to make up terrible lie after terrible lie on that moment. His words seemed to draw on the idea that he really despised you, the final kicker being the 'Too Much' phrase.

The same one that nearly every strong female hero had always shared about in interviews. "Growing up, boys always told me I was too much. That I wasn't 'lady-like' or not the ideal 'female' hero. And to the boys who say that to girls- grow up. Girls are under no obligation to handle themselves in a way that you can 'manage', so, stop thinking we should."

And while he agreed wholeheartedly with this statement, he had said it with such ease. It was as if he really truly did have the idea that (Name) was 'too much' when if anything he was being a hypocrite. The literal firecracker of 1-A saying a peer was too much... talk about irony.

When his little speech was over, it wasn't Kaminari who spoke up next, or even Kirishima (the only person aside from him who knew of his feelings towards their shared classmate). The sound that came next was the echoing of something being dropped, and a door being slammed.