{Domestic AU} Reunion (Todoroki Shouto)

Todoroki Shouto x Reader

Request By: 00Fabolous

Request: May I request headcanons/scenario(as you prefer) for Todoroki where his s/o got pregnant of him when they were young and since she didn't want to obstacolate his career she gets away from him until they met years later and Shoto recognize her and their son/daughter? Maybe angst with happy ending? Thanks and have a nice day😊!

"Mom? Can I have some juice?" Your five year old asked you, gently placing his small cup onto the kitchen counter where you were currently making dinner.

You nodded. "Yes, Yuuto. But don't take too much!"

He nodded, moving towards the fridge and opening it. He had gotten fairly cautious as of late when it came to pouring his beverages. Especially after the first time you let him do it himself, he ended up spilling the entire jug on the floor. So... you thought he still felt a little bad.

Your son was quickly done filling up his drink and made his way back to the living room to watch some more tv. You had put on a kid-friendly hero show, one that by some miracle was still playing from when you were a kid.

In this show, in particular, a silly TV show host would interview various heroes, only to run into trouble and need to be saved by the heroes who were there that day. It was all staged and mostly there for kids to get familiar with the heroes who were keeping them safe, as well as who to go to if anything bad ever happened and they needed help.

You had seen a lot of your former UA classmates on the show, especially from the hero course. While you hadn't been in the hero course yourself, rather in the business course, you enjoyed seeing how your hero dreaming peers had made their dreams come true.

Deku was a reoccurring guest, apparently having loved this show as much as you had as a child. Uravity and Red Riot were on often as well, and even Ground Zero had been on once (though it was easy to tell he was only on because of something his agent had filed for him).

"And today... I'd like everyone to welcome Shouto!" The host spoke, the crowd clapping excitedly for the new favorite hero.

You momentarily stopped cutting the veggies. Your memories of before coming back into your head, but then shaken away a moment later. High School was five years ago, and you had decided what to do when you graduated... and what to keep from him when you broke up a month after graduation. No need to feel sorry or regret your actions now.

He was a rising star in the hero industry, and you were managing over three dozen heroes and also had a son you adored.

"Yuuto?" You called out, reaching into a cupboard for the noodles you needed for the stirfry. "What kind of sauces do you want for the stirfry?"

"Can we have the sauce that goes with soba?" He asked, and you chuckled softly.

"Yes, we can." You smiled, looking into the cabinet for the sauce.

Only to see that by some miracle, you didn't have a single drop left of your son's favorite sauce that usually went with his favorite meal. You sighed, turning off the burner and grabbing your purse that was waiting near you.

You walked out into the living room, seeing Yuuto sitting on the couch, absorbed in what cartoonish villain Shouto was fighting. You ruffled his snow-white locks, and the boy looked up at you with those adorable (eye color) eyes he inherited from you.

"Come on." You waved him towards the door and where both of your shoes were. "IF we want soba sauce... we need to go to the store real quick!"

"Okay, mom." He nodded, turning off the tv and running towards the door.

Yuuto's personality shifted from time to time. When he was around you, he tended to act a bit more emotional, but when he was out in public or around a stranger, he certainly could display that look confusion and monotone his father had often showed you in high school.

You were glad though, that some parts of his father were still there. Even if at times, it hurt you internally to think about him. But you held it together for your son like you knew you needed to.

You ended up going to a convenience store near your home. It would have the usual brand of soba sauce you bought. As you walked down the usual aisle with your son, you couldn't help but chuckle. The sauce was usually supposed to be used as a dipping sauce, but he loved it in everything and everything. So... you'd have to buy at least three bottles since the both of you went through bottles quickly.

As you started to put a few bottles into your basket, you caught your son looking off towards the candy aisle. It appeared some brand was currently giving away hero trading cards in every pack.

"You can get one." You told him, watching as Yuuto's eyes lit up, but externally he only nodded silently and then walked calmly to pick on out for himself.

You started to head towards the check out counter yourself, knowing your son would follow you when he made his important decision. And so lost in making sure to get your money ready, you failed to notice the slightly disguised figure of someone else in the convenience store.

"(Name)?" He called out, making you stop.

You knew that voice, and with wide eyes, you turned to look at the old flame who was standing beside you now, so suddenly. "Shouto?"

He pulled off the dust mask slightly and adjusted his hat a bit to let you see a little bit of the red and white locks. He must have to really dress himself up to not get recognized in public. But yet, here he was revealing himself to you.

"I wasn't expecting to run into you here." Todoroki spoke, noticing the items in your basket. "Are you making soba tonight?"

You chuckled awkwardly, unsure what to do if Todoroki happened to see the small little thing you had kept from him for five years now.

"Not exactly..." You started, trying to find some idea, only to be interrupted by your son.

"Mom. This one has Deku." Yuuto pulled at your pants leg, showing you what he had found.

You inhaled sharply, looking from the corner of your eyes towards Todoroki whose own eyes were widening. He was quick when it came to figuring things out... so he would for sure be able to at least get an idea about this.

"That's great Yuuto." You smiled, putting the item in your basket. "Now let's go check out."

You didn't say a word to Todoroki as you walked away with your son... his son. But you knew this would not be the end of it, as Todoroki started checking out his bento next to you at the other cashier.

And once the three of you were outside once more, you knew it was time to bite the bullet finally. You knew you'd have to tell him eventually, so it might as well be now.

"Sho... before you get into your head... do you want to come over for dinner?" You asked, tone seeming to be nervous and begging him to take this calmly.

Todoroki nodded slowly. "If I get an explanation... then sure."

You nodded to him as well, seeing as even Yuuto was now picking up on you inviting this strangely dressed man to dinner. But... it was time for things to finally be out int he open, you could only hope that things would work out for you now.

And that... you wouldn't ruin Todoroki's career or life... as you had worried before.