Let It Out (Midoriya Izuku)

Midoriya Izuku:

Midoriya Izuku always knew that (Full Name) was one of the strongest people he knew. She always did her best at school never letting a bad grade or two get her to down. She always was striving to do better in hero training as well, as it was obvious to herself and Aizawa-sensei that she was lacking a bit.

But never once did she ever let anything get her down, in fact, she always used her failures or bumps in the road as a means to propel herself further down her chosen road. And that was something Midoriya always admired about her. She was always pushing herself forward and trying her best. She truly had a fighting spirit that never seemed to dwindle or die down.

But, like most things Izuku had learned, nothing is exactly 100% as it seems to be, and under every confident smile and unmovable determination, a seed of doubt and uncertainty was waiting to sprout.

And so, when the day finally came for those seeds to flourish underneath (Name)'s already fragile state, it was almost as if this had come so suddenly. No one was expecting her to break down over something as small and simple as her tripping and accidentally breaking a couple glasses she was bringing for herself and Izuku.

The two had decided to study together in the common room, and (Name) offered to get him something to drink. But now with liquid and glass all over the floor and (Name) still sitting and looking at the mess, she finally had reached her tipping point.

"Oh no! Are you alright (Last Name)-san!" Midoriya asked, quickly finding a rag to wipe up the drinks.

"I'm fine. I guess I couldn't even get the drinks." You chuckled, hand pressing against your head and you attempted to smile away this moment of stupidity like you always did.

But this time was different, something as simple as accidentally tripping over your own two feet had seemed to snap apart the already thin line of emotional cover you had been trying to hold behind yourself this entire time.

"I guess I should expect this though..." Your voice cracked, making Izuku halted in his gentle rubbing of the stained floor. "-I can't do anything right."

"(Last Name)-san... what are you talking about?" Izuku looked up at you.

He paused when he saw your eyes bubbling over with hot bubbly tears and your lips trembling as you suddenly pushed your hands onto your face. You let out a terribly painful cry and doubled over.

Izuku watched you, unsure of what to do or say, still not sure what had brought this upon, or even what you were talking about. He did know one thing though- something had made you upset enough to have a breakdown.

And he was the only one around right now, and the last thing he should do in this situation was it continue on any longer.

"It's okay, (Name)-san." He gently embraced you, tugging you close to his body, but very hesitantly.

Midoriya's cheeks turned a bright pink, but every awkward thought was pushed aside. He would not allow himself to be selfish and give into his own self-centered means of how close he was to you. Right now was about you.

"I'm such a fucking failure... I don't even know why I'm here at UA... I should just drop out and let someone more deserving take my place."

"There's no one more deserving than you. And if anyone tells you otherwise, they're wrong."

"You don't know that! You're one of the smartest in class and have been making strides since this year started! Meanwhile, I'm stuck in the same place! I can't even move an inch, let along passing a damn test! I'm a disaster!"

"Hey, no one thinks that of you... you just need some more time. Everyone moves at their own pace. Just because its hard now, doesn't mean it always will be."

"You don't know that..."

"I do. Believe me... I do know how bad things can look... but that's why you gotta stay hopeful. Cause miracles can happen, and your belief in yourself is all that it takes."

You tugged further into Izuku's shirt, crying harder and he held onto you the entire time. He still wasn't sure what was going on, but he would stay here for as long as you needed him.

"Let it out (Name-san). I'm here."