{Soulmate AU} Test Help (Tenya Iida)

Iida Tenya:

You drummed your fingers along the edge of your desk, looking over the problem in front of you. Your mind ran a blank, despite all the studying you had done for this test, you really couldn't remember exactly how to write this equation. Was this number y? Or was it x? Wait... did your teacher say to use fractions? Or decimals?

You inwardly groaned, looking out at your classmates all who seemed to be having a much easier time on this test then you were. You'd no doubt have to hide your embarrassment later when they all talked about how easy they found the test and that they knew they'd get at least a high mark.

You grumbled, deciding that maybe you could get some last minute help before it was too late. Taking your pen in hand, you began to scribble on your arm. He had lunch right about now, as both your schools had you on different schedules. So... it meant he was more likely to check his arm for writing now then if he was in class.

'Hey? Could you help me figure something out real quick?'

You nervously looked around as the ink faded from your skin, meaning your fated-to-be had gotten the message and would be reading it as you thought. Around you, the teacher didn't seem to notice you messaging your soulmate. In fact, this one particular teacher always seemed to be in her own little world.

At least her daydreaming gave you the chance to message Tenya. And as you tilted your arm towards your vision, you saw he had already written you back. You silently cheered and smiled to yourself.

'Sure. What can I help you with, (Name)?'

You giggled lightly, nearly catching the attention of a few stray eyes around you, but most seemed to think it was a laugh one would give when they had figured something out. So obviously your classmates rolled their eyes and continued on with their own tests.

You quickly jotted down the problem that had thrown you into a tizzy, double checking each part before you wrote it down on your arm. The black marks disappeared again, but within another second a full detailed explanation began to come in.

You scribbled to write it down, seeing as it would disappear as quickly as it came onto your skin. Each note between soulmates would only last 3-5 seconds after all, enough to read and interpret what you partner meant.

But when taking a math test... it was not helpful. But likely for you, you were a talented transcriber and were able to get it all down and on your page, within the time Tenya had written it.

'I believe that's the correct answer. I hope I've explained it well enough.'

You smiled at his sweet note, thinking of how he must be worried that he hadn't helped you to the best of his ability as Tenya usually did. To be an Iida meant to be a worrywart... and he sure as heck was the embodiment of that when it came to his fated.

'Yeah, I'm gonna ace this test now! Thanks, boo!'

Sooner than you expected, the reply came. You blinked at the large words, obviously written in a hurry and not the usual classy and elegant Tenya handwriting that had always graced your arm.

'YOU'RE TAKING A TEST?!'

'Yes. Thanks for your help, only problem that really confused me.'

'I will not stand for this! I will march down there myself and report you for cheating! I thought you knew better?!"

"Tenya relax! The teacher didn't even properly teach us that! And besides..."

You purposefully left him hanging, wanting to rile him up just a tad more. He was kinda fun to mess with... especially when he was already in this near robotic like state. So another gentle push before you left him be.

Rising from your seat, making sure to tug your sleeve down, you handed your test to your teacher. She simply nodded for you to take your seat until class ended, meaning you could do whatever you wished for the remaining time.

You grabbed your pen once more, seeing the numerous characters all over your arm in the two minutes you had been occupied turning in your exam.

'Besides what?'

'What did you do?'

'I will not be held responsible for your actions!'

'...I did assist you though... which makes me a cheater!'

'No! I was lied to! I am innocent!'

You nearly burst out laughing right then and there. And with a blank arm, you finally wrote back your message.

'I was going to say my teacher could care less... but you're right. If I get caught... you're guilty by association.'

You watched the letters come quickly, seeing as he was about to give you another humorous earful. Though you had the time, and you never minded it when he wrote you. He was your soulmate after all.