30

Irene is 18
Lisa is 17

"It's an honor to be your 18th rose though it's a fake one." Lisa whispers. Irene's arms are on her shoulders and they are dancing to Make You Feel My Love, one of the classics.

"It's weird that you have pollen allergy." Irene replied.

"It runs in the family, Hyun." Lisa smiled.

"And when did you become this tall? I can barely reach your shoulders now." Irene's hand travels to Lisa's nape who chuckles at her comment. She felt something hard and traced it's outline.
"What's this?" She continues tracing the object. "A necklace? You don't wear necklaces."

Lisa cleared her throat.
"Yeah, I don't."
"Take it out."

Irene gently pulled the accessory. At the bottom where she's expecting a pendant, reveals a rosegold ring with a diamond at the center.

"It's from Yoya."
Irene looked intently at the said ring. Inside the band there's an engraving, 'Manoban'

"A family heirloom?"

Lisa nodded.
"Gammy's grandma gave that to her before she died.
She modified the ring and added the diamond. Rosegold. It's the same ring she used for her proposal."

"It's pretty." Irene looks at the ring and wondered how it would look on her left ring finger. She felt giddy and gave Lisa a huge smile.

"Someday, Hyun. It will be yours."

"Yeah. Someday."
Then Lisa kisses her forehead. Applause exploded around them.

Ji Hyun, who's beside her wife was watching the two.
"I hope this time the universe will be kind to the both of them, Hon."
Tae-hee, who was against in pairing the two but gave up when she witnessed how the kids grew up close together, reached out for her wife's hand.
"Right at this time Hon we can't say. When I was at that age I became reckless and stupid. I hope Irene's character favors you more than mine."
"They will be tested, Hon. I pray that the two of them are stronger than we expect. In-na is still against the idea."

Tae-hee didn't reply and looked at her bestfriend who's also watching the two intently. Lisa really looks like In-na when they were young. Same passion, kindness and heart. Whenever the kid is around her, she feels young too.