122

irenebae posted via MyDay

Irene is 25
Lisa is 24

After blessing the casket, the pastor steps aside when Grandma Ji Hyun's remains started lowering on the ground. They are on the highest point of the property where the Kim's and the Manoban's lands meet. Irene found out that the six of their grandmothers chose this place because they have plans of looking for each other in the afterlife. She found it funny at first but  she saw the design that Grandma Hye Kyo made when they were 30. Complete with signatures and all.

Irene's eyes are swollen, she left the funeral last night after seeing Lisa and cried the entire time in her room. Nobody questioned her why, thinking she cried because of her grandma but the two of them — she and Grandma Tae-hee had long accepted that it will happen. They are happy that her grandma was given 5 years after the diagnosis. That her death was something she'd look forward to.

Irene and Grandma Tae-hee looked down at the casket while holding each other. Irene's parents didn't even come back. Maybe it's time to bury their identities too with her grandma.

Jennie stood beside her and reached for her hand right at the same time Grandma In-na reached for Grandma Tae-hee. The four of them threw the lily of the valley that they've been holding. They stepped aside to allow the other mourners to pay their last respect which are mainly composed of their families.

Irene stared blankly, trying to remember the last thing that she and her grandmother talked about, she can't even remember. She woke up from her trance when she heard a small voice speak.

"Mama, will I see Nana again?" The young boy asked.

Irene didn't know that her grandma knew that Lisa had kids let alone met them. She looks at the young boy who is a spitting image of Lisa. Beside him is the younger girl who looks like Jisoo.

"What did she say to you the last time?" Lisa asked softly, looking down at the boy.

"That she will be here." The boy points at his chest where his heart is.

"Right. She will be there until you see her again." Lisa said and reached for the boy's head.
"Do you want to say something to Nana?"

The boy nodded. Irene noticed that he is also holding a  lily of the valley.
"Nana, Adam will take care of Ariana like you said.." The boy said sadly.
"Adam will always make Ariana happy..
And Adam will always remember Nana.
Adam loves you Nana." and then he threw the flower on the ground and was mirrored by the younger girl who mumbled, 'Love Nana.'

Irene tears up again. There's beauty in the pain expressed by the little boy. Deep inside, she wishes she has a child who can say the same words to her grandma but she knows that her grandma treated the boy like he was her own great-grandson.
Jennie squeezed her hand tight and then let it go.
Irene left the side to wipe her tears and walks to where the huge tree is. She lit up a cigarette and took a long drag. The smell invaded her nostrils and somehow it sent calmness to her muddled feelings.