38

Lisa is 17
Jennie is 18

"I hate it when you guys fight." Jennie pouted.

"It's normal, Jennie. People fight all the time."

"But not you and Irene. You fought like.." Jennie started counting using her left hand, small fingers rising everytime she remembers a fight "four times for the last 5 years. 3 of them were serious, one was when your periods came at the same time."

"Those four are meaningful fights, Jennie.." Lisa responded.

Jennie looks at Lisa, waiting for her to continue.

"..when it becomes frequent and senseless, it means something isn't right."

"How about this one?" Jennie asks, sitting closer.

"I don't know. We haven't talked about it yet. Knowing Irene, if she thinks it's my fault she's expecting me to say sorry." Lisa replies.

"Who's fault is it?" Jennie asks, she's playing with her fingers. Jennie isn't fond of disagreements. It is the result of her parents' frequent fights before her dad abandoned them.

"Time."

Jennie looked at her questioningly.

"Irene will move on in 3 months Jennie, while the two of us will be stuck here. I know what's going through her head when she saw Jisoo and I and she knows what I was thinking when I saw her with that Seulgi girl."

"Why don't you ask her to marry you now?"

Lisa laughed.
"That's not how it works, Jennie."

"Come on, you'll be 18 next week and you have the ring!" Jennie pointed out.

Lisa shook her head and reached for the ring that's dangling between them.

"When Yoya gave this to me, she asked me for one thing..
..to give the ring because I mean it, wholeheartedly."
"That the proposal will not be just promises.."

"I thought you love Irene?"

"I do."
"But look at me now. I haven't proven anything yet. I'm living off my grandparents' success. We all are. I am not the Lisa that I want my kids to see." Lisa said sadly.

"Oh Lisa." then Jennie started crying on Lisa's shoulder. Lisa patted her head.

"And, I can't shake off the feeling that something isn't right."