60

Lisa is 18
Jennie is 19

"Have you decided where you will go after graduation?" Jennie asked while her eyes are still glued on the tv where Sam is being tutored by Charlie for UPenn. They are sitting side by side on Lisa's bed while watching the Perks of being a Wallflower.

Lisa shrugged.

"I thought you are now open going to our grandmas' old school? They have Performing Arts there and not too many students." Jennie replied.

"That was before.." Lisa replied.

Jennie must've realized the reason why and just nodded.

"How about you?" Lisa asked.

"Uh. I have the entire school year to think about it. It's not about the school but I need the degree." Jennie replied not taking her eyes off the tv.

"How about the school where the Game of Thrones writer went?" Lisa asked.

"Yeah. I've been thinking about it. God, I remember how the tv series butchered the plot from the books."

"And you love tragedies. It's the birthplace of tragedy book writers."

Jennie groaned.
"And it's been years since we started the In-na - Jieun investigation and we are nowhere near the story."

"I think I have the small details of what happened but I'll tell you when I have it in its entirety." Lisa replied.

lalisamanoban posted via MyDay

@ jenniekim

Jennie just nodded while Lisa went back in watching

Jennie just nodded while Lisa went back in watching. She stretched her legs and let of a whimper.
The characters are now doing exhange gifts during the Christmas party.

The two of them are swallowed by silence.

"God, this is my favorite part." Jennie whispers but Lisa was able to catch that.

The scene went on and when it ended, Lisa looked at Jennie and was caught off-guard when she saw a tear rolled down Jennie's cheek. The other girl looks like lost in her thoughts and momentarily forgot that she's with Lisa.

An inspiration hit Lisa.

"Jennie?" Lisa reached for her shoulder.

Jennie looked at her with glassy eyes.

"Have you ever been k-kissed?" Lisa asked.

The other girl shook her head.

"I-it would be an honor to be your first." Lisa breathes and then she slowly leans.

For Lisa, there's a 50/50 chance that Jennie will push her and just laugh at her face. There's nothing to lose but so much to gain. For the older girl, this means everything.

Jennie closed her eyes and leans to meet Lisa's lips.
Lisa reached for Jennie's back while Jennie cradled Lisa's face. When they let go, Lisa looked at Jennie the same time another tear rolled down on the older girl's face.

Lisa smiled as she wipes away the tears.
"Happy birthday, Jennie." she whispers.

"Thank you, Lisa."

jenniekim posted via MyDay